My Old Kingdom Hall being merged with TWO other congregations!

by pale.emperor 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• St George of England
    St George of England

This has also happened here in Brighton. There are now only 2 KH's in the whole of Brighton shared by 5 consolidated congregations plus foreign language groups.

I also heard of a couple who left their house to their local congregation for the pioneers to use. Two or three couples could live there virtually rent free and it would help them financially. When the sister died last year the society would not hear of this arrangement and told the congregation to sell the property and forward the funds to them. This has now happened.

George

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

google earth view---the brown roofed L shaped building. tesco to the right

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I also heard of a couple who left their house to their local congregation for the pioneers to use. Two or three couples could live there virtually rent free and it would help them financially. When the sister died last year the society would not hear of this arrangement and told the congregation to sell the property and forward the funds to them. This has now happened.

Thats bad. They left it for the pioneers to use. They'd turn in their graves if they knew the society were selling up to compensate a victim of child molestation somewhere.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

A clear breach of trust in ignoring wishes of donor but how low can you go when you reach the gutter?

On consolidations, how are older ones to cope with travel when in Liverpool all buses go to City centre and not across town? Scrapping group studies looks a brilliant idea now, travel to every meeting, after all GB travel all of 500 yards to KH and if they can do it so can you.

Money clearly the driver here, but sub plot is Congregations dwindling with demise of older ones , so that mergers can be made to appear as logical. Apart from obvious admission about Jehovah's blessing, "Oh yes we are clearly blessed, now all eight of us can meeet in a bus shelter, Jah really looks after his people you know, and no more KH cleaning."

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

pale.emperor: Could you say which KH that was? I mean, could you point to the old hall and the new (3 year old) hall on google map?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

meanwhile back at headquarters...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

🎼 Wondrous contraction is now taking place!! 🎤

DD

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just as I side point. There was a congregation I know of that inherited some money. I think it was to the tune of about 20k. The wishes in the will was that it be used for the local congregation. The BoE thought fantastic will use the money to buy a state of the art projector - this was as the TVs were been introduced. CO heard about it and told the elders to send the money to HO. The elders refer to the deceased will stipulating for congregation use only, and notify the CO that he is not only going against the deceased wishes but could also be breaking the law. The CO backs down and the cong get the projector.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Joe134cd

good on those elders, would be surprised if they got many Assembly items after taking the right stand.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

pale.emperor: Could you say which KH that was? I mean, could you point to the old hall and the new (3 year old) hall on google map?

KH's A, G and H will be merging. As my sources tell me, KH "H" will be the one they're all moving to. I can imagine people in KH G just ignoring the direction and just moving to KH J.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit