JWR Alumni

by marlborobarbie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Rough Diamond
    Rough Diamond

Mickey Mouse

I had been on this forum for a few months when Simon announced it was closing. I was isolated, vulnerable and terrified. Moxie started JWR and it was a real haven for me. Not least because there was a members only section which felt secure because people weren't immediately granted entry. It was a safe place and I was very grateful for it.

Now imagine how all the others feel being kicked out of their safe haven that was JWR.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Hello! Glad to see everyone from JWR finding their place on the various forums.

We've seen an uptick of new members over at the EXJW sub-reddit as well. Link

I like both forums, although I try to save my swearing for reddit.

Does anyone know if the old JWR data is archived anywhere? We could find a way to keep it accessible, if only in "read only" form. From the Google cache I see there were at least:

Total posts 377177 • Total topics 24633 • Total members 5096
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

Welcome to all!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome MARLBOROBARBIE!

• smiddy
    smiddy

A warm welcome to all our new found friends

smiddy

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hello Marborobarbie and welcome!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Now imagine how all the others feel being kicked out of their safe haven that was JWR

Which is why I said it. Don't think for one minute that I don't get that and didn't argue the point.

However being part of the moderator team I also had first hand experience of the workload generated by a small minority who caused disruption on the forum. I can understand why Rifter came to the decision he did about the way to close the forum even if I didn't agree with it.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome MarlboroBarbie, thehotone4u2, Chrisincredulous and any other new ones from JWR.

Lisa 🌹

• flipper
    flipper

MARLBORO BARBIE- Nice to have you here ! Welcome to the board. We have a yearly informal gathering for fun at Lake Tahoe every summer the weekend after July 4th each year . PM me and I'll give you more details about the July 8th to 10th event ! You are cordially invited to come and bring your children AND your guitar ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• James Jack
    James Jack

MARLBORO BARBIE

Welcome. Isn't quite Divine that all of us are being brought together?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit