JWR Alumni

by marlborobarbie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• marlborobarbie
    marlborobarbie

Hey y'all. I just wanted to officially make my debut on https://www.jehovahs-witness.com and introduce myself. I'm an old JWRer, and it looks like I'll be dropping in on here now for cult updates and friendly conversation.

A little about myself:

• Mom of 2 kids.
    • 2 Red-headed-steps.
    • I've been lost and wandering since I lost my daddy 2 years ago.
    • Divorced.
    • DF'd for 8 years.
    • JehovahMom...'nuff said.
    • Guitar player/singer/writer.
    • One Among the Fence.
    • Opinionated and vocal whether you like it or not.
    • Potty mouthed.

If you'd like me to explain anything in detail, feel free to ask. :)

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome to the forum

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Welcome to the asylum!

I'm sorry but I need to ask: do you really have 2 red-headed steps?

• thehotone4u2
    thehotone4u2

Hi Marlboro!

So how's the bf diabetes thing? Hope all is well with you!

DS posted that he'll try to get the website back up for a few days so we can copy posts. That would be good.

About me:

7 kids, 4 boys, 3 girls. 2 sons and a daughter have a good relationship with me. The others pretend I'm dead.

Out since 2001(?) Was kept in a DF state from 1982-1997 based on a rumor manufactured by my ex wife and my brother. Exonerated. In 2001, the lies were resurrected, and I was told to pay the elders $5,000 or I would be "DF'd for taking a brother to court". I refused to pay, and was "marked", and refused entry to my second son's, and my second daughter's weddings. There was no suit, it was a lie. After spending a couple of years letter writing to no avail, and after obtaining a degree in law, I sued. They assigned an elder to contact me and inform me that they were now going to "leave me alone".

I'm a engineering consultant in the US oilfields. I try not to practice law.

I have a "jehovahmom", but I checked her and so far we have a normal relationship.

I have a sister who is a closet apostate.

My brother is still having sex with my first wife whenever they get the chance. The jehovahkids know all about it and have decided to hide it from other elders. He was just sent home from Bethel.

Opinionated, and like a spirited discussion.

Still shocked by the treatment I received in the name of God, but the pain is less now.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Welcome. I actually didnt know what JWR was, but this place is prob very similar. Anytime aomeone has needed support including myself.....its right there.

LOL at "cult updates and friendly conversation". I smell a tag line in the making.

• ChrisIncredulous
    ChrisIncredulous

Hi. An intro from me too:

Woke up about half a year ago, and it was a big shock. Used to be regular pioneer, Bethelite, ministerial servant, from a devout family. Married in the org.

Realised God wasn't having any affect on my life, that science made the Bible and the JWs look a bit silly and I couldn't believe it any more. Got sick with anxiety and faded, much to distress of wife.

Told my whole family one evening I didn't believe it anymore. No shunning as yet, though we live quite far away. I call it my "licence to fade."

A few months on, anxiety passed, moving on with life. Wife and me get on fine if we don't discuss religion! Found solace in philosophy and painting.

From Britain, late 20's. Still anonymous and undercover for my parents sake.

Thanks for welcoming us here!

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Welcome to all our new friends, make yourselves comfortable and stay awhile.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome. Make yourself at home.

Potty mouthed.

Politeness is overrated.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Marlborobarbie and everyone else who did not start their own thread; here we have plenty of 1s and 0s to go around, so use as many as you like: Simon (through whom all things are made possible) will make more!

Welcome to the board!

I have a JehovahMom too! How many of those did they make?

You said, "If you'd like me to explain anything in detail, feel free to ask. :)"

Please explain EVERYTHING in detail, with extra potty-mouth, please.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Welcome...I remember you from JWR....pic of you with a guitar?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit