How Do You Feel About Trump's Tuff Talk To Korea To Make Korea Behave?

by Brokeback Watchtower 39 Replies latest social current

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    That is a given, even Mighty Rome went down. Nothing last forever and the US could easily be broken into different areas

Defeat of Daniel's crumbling and collapsing image doesn't actually do that before being crushed by God's kingdom. -according to wt interpretation that is.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Defeat of Daniel's crumbling and collapsing image doesn't actually do that before being crushed by God's kingdom. -according to wt interpretation that is.

More precisely: The united state of the feet of Daniel's crumbling and collapsing image doesn't get to do that before being crushed and defeated by God's kingdom.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

“Hey Morph, thanks for commenting on my thread and I hope you don't have any hard feelings over my trying to make sense of this guy and how far a US president can go without congress consent and if he disreguards congress and goes beyond what is specified in the constitution won't he be liable for the deaths and destruction he caused being commander and chief, who in his anger unleashes horrific suffering. And wouldn't he be brought up before some type of world court? “

Of course theres no hard feeings! I can very much understand how people who didnt support or vote for trump feel very ambivalent regarding choices he makes. For the record i didnt vote for him either. Im just trying to look at this logically and judge his actions on merit (or lack there of)....

on the premise of attacking North korea, its really tough. You have to be willing to meet them with force if necessary but as i and many others have already said its a bad bad situation for south korea (an ally) and china (north koreas ally). Its in everyones interests to see things calm down.

And lastly on the matter of the USA losing ‘supremacy’... i have never viewed the US as a world power through might. Its always been innovation and relative freedom. People want to come here for those reasons. Im reminded of a poignant statement:

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

China has established diplomatic relations with S Korea for quite some time now and this has not gone down well with N. Korea. Also China does not want to have to deal with any nuclear fallout from N. Korea either so it is in China's interests to keep N.Korea in its place and to distance themselves from it. N. Korea does not like this at all. At the moment it is basically that N.Korean leaders are blustering on in order to legitimate their power with their own people. Trump is basically feeding North Korean power plays. He needs to step back a bit and be more mature.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I disagree ruby.

China very much wants north korea as a strong “buffer state”. That was the impetus for the korean war. I have shared numerous well written and researched articles showing that it is the chi coms who are giving north korea their weapon tech. They very much like a well armed and strong north korea.

of course china dosent want a nuclear war. Nobody on earth (save a few wack job religions cranks) wants a nuclear war. But the security of the korean peninsula and by extrension asia and ultimately the world depend on north korea being rational. WW1 was started by far less than what kim has threatened. “Bluster” or not, an impudent child with a gun is threat to themselve and everyone around them.

• cofty
    cofty

North Korea is not bluffing.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Im sorry for this double post but i just realized that my previous post quoting ronald reagan was cut off. Im reposting here the full quote:

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

yes it is true that N. Korea buys most of its things including weaponry from China but China does not trust the present regime and nor has N. Korea taken very well to China's overtures to S. Korea. Trump is a novice at this and he should leave the diplomatic manoeuvre's to those who are more experienced.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

High stakes poker for sure. Sanctions haven't worked, appeasing the regime hasn't worked over the last 20 years either. N. Korea basically has Seoul as a hostage. Such a large city so close to the DMZ that just their conventional weapons have the ability to take potentially millions of lives.

China is the only country that can influence N. Korea. They know Un is a whack job. They don't want a power vacuum there since they already have issues with N. Koreans escaping to China. The only solution I see is somehow convincing China that they need to back a coup and take control of N. Korea. Un has purged a bunch of folks already, including relatives, who he thinks may not be 100% loyal.

I think Un sees having a nuke as a way to insure that no one attempts a regime change. He's probably correct in his assessment.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Un knows that NK being blown off the face of the earth by the US is not good for his regime, his economy or his health -which would surely happen (as certain as the Pope being Polish not too long ago) if he decided to attack the US. The US would not send troops or bomber jets, they would show NK and the world how dangerous it is to attack US soil -Pearl Harbor (hint). But Un will attack if he believes his personal life is in danger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit