How Do You Feel About Trump's Tuff Talk To Korea To Make Korea Behave?

by Brokeback Watchtower 39 Replies latest social current

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think his dangerous comments to Korea betray his capacity for creating dangerous public gestures that could lead to violence if he wasn't stopped by congress.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

https://www.thenation.com/article/congress-is-pushing-back-against-trumps-dangerously-ignorant-nuclear-threats/

So basically Trump is bluffing Korea as he has no authority to launch an attack on Korea without congressional approval. And it He persist can be impeached for not following the constitution.

Trump lacks the authority to order a preemptive strike on North Korea. While the president has a responsibility to defend the United States when another country attacks, the power to declare war (and, in so doing, to authorize the use of force) rests with Congress.
    John Conyers and the other members of the House who have written Trump are obeying the oaths they swore “to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.”
    Donald Trump swore a parallel oath to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” Congress should remind him of that by outlining clear limits on the use of force—especially with regard to to preemptive and unilateral nuclear strikes. If House Speaker Paul Ryan chooses to try to block action, the threat that his sycophantic relationship with the president should be recognized and addressed by the chamber.
    If, in the end, Trump chooses to disregard his oath, then he should be impeached and removed from office.
    Should it come to that, John Conyers will, again, be able to call on wisdom grounded in experience. He is, after all, the last remaining member of the House Judiciary Committee that voted for Articles of Impeachment against Richard Nixon in July 1974.
  • Spoletta
    Spoletta
    The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct peculiar to officials, such as perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, unbecoming conduct, and refusal to obey a lawful order.” to officials, such asperjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, unbecoming conduct, and refusal to obey a lawful order.”

You are correct that Trump's tiff with North Korea wouldn't fall under the above stipulations, but just as the feds got Al Capone for tax evasion rather than his other more horrific crimes, I'm sure that the Republicans can find some other reason to get rid of him by impeachment. God knows, he's given them many choices to select from.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Of course im correct. I dont mean to sound arrogant but acknowledging that is hardely a concession or some magnamious gesture on your part, its a simply logic and understanding of the law.

Not to derail the thread but i would ask you to back up your assertion that are crimes that fall under the statue for impeachment.

I find myself wondering this morning what brokeback will say about north korea backing down?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Hey Morph, thanks for commenting on my thread and I hope you don't have any hard feelings over my trying to make sense of this guy and how far a US president can go without congress consent and if he disreguards congress and goes beyond what is specified in the constitution won't he be liable for the deaths and destruction he caused being commander and chief, who in his anger unleashes horrific suffering. And wouldn't he be brought up before some type of world court?

• Hecce
    Hecce
    how far a US president can go without congress consent and if he disreguards congress and goes beyond what is specified in the constitution

After the loads of currency delivered to the mullahs by plane I was under the impression that the President doesn't need congress authorization, maybe it was after labeling the "Paris climate agreement" and being ready to give lots of money to all the other countries; incidentally they are still laughing at us. Oh now I remember that was done by the previous Administration with their inherent immunity.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I do feel the days of US dominance of the world and interference are numbered as it is impossible to hold that it forever or very long change is a part of life.

And if I try to take a less biased towards USA always being in the right, and try to imagine what these ruling governments Korea, China, Russia, and others in the region have their dislikes of USA influence and I see some very angry people,, so I see the danger for the USA with Korea having long range missiles now and hope cooler heads prevail and every side walks away a winner. But I'm afraid that for security reason that the US should display a friendlier posture toward North Korea, now that they have long range missles.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I also think that approval rating polls will drop to the bottom in the outcome of the tough guy approach threatening mass destruction of a country with weapons at his disposal parked near your borders.

USA needs to slowly back out of the region to avoid serious repercusions, not act aggressively but slowly back away.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    I do feel the days of US dominance of the world and interference are numbered as it is impossible to hold that it forever or very long change is a part of life.

That is a given, even Mighty Rome went down. Nothing last forever and the US could easily be broken into different areas of control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit