So , how "worldly" did you get?

by greenhornet 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I even hate to use that word worldly TM.

Any way I'm probably the worst.

1 when the JW s come to my door I say i'm not interested

2 I have gone to many churches and volunteered.

3 I shredded all my Jw books and Magazines out in the woods.

4 Had the Mormon elders over and studied with them.

5 Tried Pot (its legal here)

6 Open carry my fire arm every where (legal here also)

7 Talk to my friends about how the JWs are one of the worst religion out there.

So every one how worldly are you guys?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Shock Horror...I started to use my own logical brain to research facts...

I don't feel guilty for doing so.

I don't feel the peer pressure to conform to a group that is full of "conditional friends" who don't really care about the individual.

I donate to charities to help those less fortunate...and don't try to preach at them...

And I don't eagerly look forward to the death of 99% of the worlds population including babies...

Is that "worldly" enough?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I've gone full worldling.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I've burned my cult bibles and some books

When I was still going to meetings I took 15-30 magazines per meeting and threw them away in the bathroom

I've smoked (only a couple times socially, have no intention of getting hooked) and want to try weed.

I'm atheist, so I haven't gotten involved in any churches or anything like that. But I have been doing a lot of reading on physics/cosmology/evolution, etc so maybe that counts as something.

As far as using the word worldly, I insist on correcting my wife every time she says it. The correct term is "normal." She protested the first time but had to concede that normal people definitely have the numbers on JWs and that's what defines normal, so there's really no argument.

• done4good
    done4good

I think critically and the rest just follows.

d4g

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Don't get me wrong, I'm not running from the JW cult to another man made religion, but...err...I went to a catholic mass (wow, did I really say that?) with my youngest daughter, simply because she was curious and WANTED to experience it! Guess what? Everybody was relaxed and humble. Everybody drank coffee afterwards without condemning anyone or any religion. No bull$%#t about 1914, preaching hours, the end that is near, not one single FALSE prophecy! It was a relief, there were hardly any images to see in that church and a women did the lecture!!! Made more sense than ever, just love and a message of a humble Christ, who never lost hope and never gave up. Simple, direct and without the "deeper things" that only...caugh... the GB...caugh... understands.

And guess what? I am playing Super Street Fighter II again (looooved that game back in the 90's).

And guess what? In march, I will visit my first heavy metal concert after 20+ years! Feeling young again!

Told too much already, better quit now...lol

• cha ching
    cha ching
    You know what I LOVE? When I find a cool movie I want to see, the first question ISN'T "what's it rated?" !!! I don't even think about it, haha!
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I became a Freemason , sing in the Church choir, gave blood and sing the National Anthem.

Holy smoke I went full blown "Worldly". No Paradise for me.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I left as a young adult, and I just live a typical normal life. Freedom to do what I please. Why anyone would let mental midgets control all aspects of their life is beyond me. I watch R-rated movies and play violent video games. I smoke weed, drink booze, and shoot guns.... in that order.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    • Started to doubt. Studied and could not find answers.
    • Read old literature and news articles - Became convinced that JW could not be the only true religion.
    • Watched a lot of apostate content online... became one myself (fader).
    • No longer attend service and meetings
    • Threw out most of my JW books.
    • Did not go to JW's Memorial
    • Made friends with worldly people, neighbors, even homosexuals
    • Gave to worldly charity and helped total strangers.
    • Provided help to XJWs I know
    • Celebrated Halloween, Christmas, New Year's even, birthdays, St-Valentine
    • Grew a beard
    • Watched unchristian movies
    • Went to private clubs
    • Tried weed
    • Slight increase in cursing
    • Started Martial Arts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit