JWtalk.net is an act of Disobedience

by Londo111 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

The Governing Body and Watchtower publications make clear there is only one official website that JWs should go to about their religion. They do not approve of independent pro-JW forums. This would also fall in line of there being no independent study groups, on the internet, or elsewhere.

For that matter, they do not approve of JWs posting on behalf of their religion on social media, “apostate” websites, or anywhere else on the internet. In fact, there is no sanctioned forum of internet discussion, no ability on the official website to post comments.

Unless JWtalk.net has been given some sort of covert dispensation that is not made public, it is an act of disobedience to the organization and those who “take the lead”. When I was mentally in, I wouldn’t have been able to bring myself to go against this direction.

While I find its existence strange for those reasons and do not frequent it, I support the right of JWtalk to exist.

• blownaway
    blownaway

Very true. Stupid JWs who are so zealot that they break the rules. When there was the whole Rock Music backward masking panic back in the mid 80s, some in bethel put out their own pamplet on what bands were evil. The cult came out and said there is only one place to get what we need to know and that is from the GB. But its funny to sit back and watch the numb nuts do it.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Good points, Londo.

Every JW I have ever known disregards/ignores/flouts/breaks some WT rules and regulations. Every one.

They usually have some “justification” involving some pretty creative mental gymnastics and rationalizing. Meanwhile they zealously insist on strictly adhering to the party line in other areas. This generally involves a good amount of hand-waving and a reference or two to Jehovah and “loyalty to His organization,” none of which seems to apply to the rules the don’t observe.

Hypocritically, they usually expect every other JW to observe the rules they observe. The irony, it burns.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• blownaway
    blownaway

Writing anything or orginiing anything like this is called "running ahead of Jehovah" But most JWs don't know their ass from a hole in the ground so I give them a pass on ignorance.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I don’t believe it is humanly possible to navigating all the rules, regulations, admonition, advice of Watchtower. It is so Talmudic and ever changing, something has to give.

I remember believing that Jehovah’s guidance came through the publications. But often some of the “food” was conflicting, because in truth, it often comes through the scores of writers over the years, each with their own pet peeve or viewpoint.

In the mind of a rank and file member though, an article from the 70’s frowning on chess can be basically a ban on chess. An article about music saying that to be safe stick to nineteen century folk music could be advice that someone really tries to follow, but I wonder how many followed it?

The constant message I got from meetings, assemblies and publications was basically to engage in the “preaching work” to the extent one was physically capable to serve “wholesouled”. The question always was, “Can you do more?” And it not only had to be quantity timewise, but quality as well. The bottom line seemed to be: pioneer or die.

Then was the directive that: “He that is faithful in what is least is faithful in much.” Who knew what that one “least” thing that you were doing or failing to do that could derail the whole applecart?

But the organization handles some directives more seriously than others. I wonder what would happen if members of JWtalk would raise their hands at the next Watchtower study and say, “I was reading a post on JWtalk and I responded by posting…” I suspect the elders would pull them into the backroom after the meeting.

If what they are doing is above board JW-wise, then would they feel okay being open about it? Would the moderator of JWtalk raise their hand at the meeting and say, “I run a website called JWtalk”? If not, why?

• Whynot
    Whynot

There are also several JW Facebook groups. They get into some heated discussions especially when it comes to yoga and the headship.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good thread.

Yes, when it suits them, individual JWs will do their own thing!

They will promote their own social media activity that goes DIRECTLY against the dictates of the GB.

How many Instagram posts are there with JW promotional activity with hashtags like #bestlifeever arrrggghhh!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I am thankful for groups like JW Talk. Yes, they sound brainwashed and crazy, but its the first step to disobeying the organization. Not all of them will eventually become ex-JWs, but I believe a lot of them could. If they are willing to visit and participate in JWTalk, then they are just short cry from coming to this forum.

• cha ching
    cha ching

It is the first step, Wild Thing, and so naughty, Londo! Haha, probably run by undercover mopi's... or pomos.... maybe apostates 😊

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

It might also be helpful to remember that this forum we are posting on right now was originally for active Jehovah's Witnesses. Rereading the first thread by Simon is kind of fun! Haha! He invited people to register so they could get to know their "brothers and sisters". Users posted their uncomfortableness posting (but posted anyway) because some users might be "imposters".

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/46/welcome

And this early introduction thread is the best! Everybody rejoices about how long they were raised in "the truth".

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/49/lets-kick-things-off

All ex-jws have to start somewhere. JWTalk's future will be either one of becoming another ex-jw forum or a jumping off place for future ex-jws who want to explore taking the red pill, but are just not quite ready.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit