I Give Up!

by pale.emperor 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Im giving up guys. I've reached the end of my patience and now i finally refuse to waste any more time on part-time witnesses. I've text all of my active JW family members and told them to delete my number from their phone and never contact me again. Unless there is a family emergency then they can tell my ex-wife who will tell me but i still dont imagine wanting to see them again.

Remember the non JW brother i have that stopped his bible study? My sisters and mother had a little chat with him, next thing he texts me and say "i cant speak to you anymore because of the way to slag off the witnesses". I dont know what he's referring to about "slag off" because whenever i speak with him we dont talk about religion. So i can only assume my active JW family have been filling his mind with propaganda.

I've done nothing but support him when he complained to me about witnesses pressuring him to attend meetings, when he didnt want to study, when elders wanted to "shepherd him" and i've not once asked him for anything. And now he wants to just drop me?

Well i wash my hands of him. Of all my JW family and will make no more efforts to help them. Even if they leave or want to leave. They can come on here and ask you guys instead. I wont waste my time or energy.

• Chook
    Chook

You can be my brother Pale , talking to Jws as a general rule is totally futile , there exist friends who stick closer than a brother say the black book.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I never debate with my still in family members but I still have some kind of relationship with them.

I think its just a matter of mutual respect.

There is a way you let people know your not interested in the JW religion and let people do their own thing.

Yes it does work.

I have worked along with other religious people in my career from Jews to Catholics and there is that mutual respect going on there too.

.........just saying

• Magnum
    Magnum

I'm about to do the same.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So sorry to hear of your family woes. Yeah, I did try a little bit at one time to help family, but had to back off and find neutral ground in order to maintain relations. Short of that, I might have just cut them all off same as you. Good luck with that.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Wait - is this the brother your posted about the other day? The one who actually broke free and caught a glimpse of true happiness outside the organization? Please tell me I'm reading this post wrong : (. I watched your latest Youtube video a couple of days ago and actually thought to myself, "damn, @pale.emperor's brother is so lucky to have this guy as his family." What I would do to have siblings like you. Mine are all distant, self-righteous, judgmental pricks who haven't spoken to me in years. If only your brother could see a true friend when it hits him in the face. And one who shares his DNA. What a waste of family ties.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Wait - is this the brother your posted about the other day? The one who actually broke free and caught a glimpse of true happiness outside the organization? Please tell me I'm reading this post wrong : (. I watched your latest Youtube video a couple of days ago and actually thought to myself, "damn, @pale.emperor's brother is so lucky to have this guy as his family." What I would do to have siblings like you. Mine are all distant, self-righteous, judgmental pricks who haven't spoken to me in years. If only your brother could see a true friend when it hits him in the face. And one who shares his DNA. What a waste of family ties.

No, it's my other brother. He was having a study then stopped his study for all the right reasons. But one conversation with his JW family and suddenly im a bad influence.

• NoviceLocs14
    NoviceLocs14

Hmm sounds like my DFd sibling who chided me for choosing to live my life, and still continues to do so. I don't blame you at all for that. At least you let them know how you feel.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Keep yourself free from it lol and look after your daughter as much as you can and aid the other brother as much as you can. Your first priority is to your daughter and so the less hassle you get the calmer you will be, take time for yourself as well, you must look after "you" and then you can observe and assist your daughter The WT robbed too much of our lives, don't let them fill another minute of your thoughts. After some time my anger died down, it's only natural you are angry , there's plenty to be angry about inJW land. Your undoubted talents for video etc will give you an outlet for you righteous anger, just remember, we have escaped but we aren't running!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I feel your pain and am sorry that happened. My spouse and I have given up on trying to assist our in JW family out of the cult. Some do very minimum activity in WT, so we just keep our conversations on family issues and if anything is brought up, we change the subject.

It sounds like your family got a hold of him and trash talked you. Even if your family knows nothing, they will make up something. It's the JW way. I have a close friend that is studying with the JW's. I am just kind and keep off the subject of the witnesses. I figure, if he stays in, it will just be a matter of time before he is disappointed and offended by something. Let em enjoy his cult for now. I have a feeling he'll be back one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit