I Give Up!

by pale.emperor 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My sisters and mother had a little chat with him, next thing he texts me and say "i cant speak to you anymore.

Trying to save JW`s from the JW Cult, especially family.

Usually has only 1 result.

"THANKS MOM!"

Image result for back stabbers

• Tallon
    Tallon

Hi PE

Sorry to read of your predicament. You have done all you can mate, so it's time back off. The ball is now firmly in his court.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Nah. Don't give up! Haha.

For real, you are still int he best position to be able to help if there is a real opening. Cutting yourself off from them, is doing their work for them.

The person who helped me wake up online, probably thought he was beating his head against a wall. 7 years after our "talks" I found him and thanked him. I have helped a few people out, so you could say his time cost the branch about 12 members and their donations thus far.

So......do whats good for you, but don't let momentary frustration get you down. Being kind, making yourself available......it works!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If they know where you stand on the JW thing and where you live or how to contact you let them come to terms with that in their own way and time.

IOW

If you love something set it free, if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't hunt it down and....oops I mean it never was.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

My thoughts are with you. They will swear black and blue that they don't break up families.

What a load!

Over a difference of opinion - they are so fear based.

I hope you can move on and build a life without them.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Don't let it beat you up to much , most people are followers and will go with the Herd. Your out of the Herd so why would anyone listen to you. Those of us that are out and awake not going back are not followers .

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I've done nothing but support him when he complained to me about witnesses pressuring him to attend meetings, when he didnt want to study, when elders wanted to "shepherd him" and i've not once asked him for anything. And now he wants to just drop me?

Sorry to hear about that unsavory experience with another ex-JW. I myself have been through that, and you certainly don't deserve such treatment.

However, you have us! There are plenty of other people in this planet to choose if you want a good friendship without having to deal with the JW crap.

Trust me, I perfectly understand your feelings. Reminds me of quite a few JWs and ex-JWs who would do everything and everyone at the gay clubs, but talking to me. It is not a pleasant feeling, and one gets rejection when expecting solidarity. However, better sooner than later.

You will continue moving on. The rest is just the rest.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I just read this quote this morning:

GIVE THE GIFT OF ABSENCE TO THOSE WHO DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR PRESENCE

Sadly, that even applies to family members.

If they don't want to benefit from your company, it is their loss.

Warmest love from all of us mate!

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

I considered my JW family as dead to me you can't relate to the dead so why bother

• zeb
    zeb

If he has to have others make up his mind for him then he is a perfect substance to be made a perfect jw. and dropping them its their loss not yours. Hows the hobbies going?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit