"Just around the corner." The dumbest song that I have ever heard..

by DATA-DOG 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

I often think of all the people they told that paradise was "just around the corner." Over a hundred years of false predictions and what was the reward for serving Jehovah?

This:

• schnell
    schnell

More like this.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I know one elder who likes to say,

"[Armageddon/the new system] isn't just around the corner anymore, now it's staring us right in the face."

He's been saying that for the entire 40 years that I've known him.

Sadly the false promises continue generation after generation.

• Magnum
    Magnum

OMG! It seems ever more true to me that they realize they aren't going to bring in any more normal, educated people from the outside. They're only trying to keep the ones they have and indoctrinate any born-ins.

This music video is corny and embarrassing. JWdom has lost any semblance of dignity and seriousness.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

A real dumb video for sure except to the heavily indoctrinated.

Just around the corner in galactical terms maybe which means perhaps billion years tops.

• baker
    baker

D0 Y0U KN0W that the most rapid means of communlca. tion in· 1799' the beginning of" the time of the end,". was on horse- back, while now telephones and telegraphs unite cities, nations and continents?

D0 Y 0 U K N 0 W that the first effedive steamboat was built A. D. 1806? and that the first effedive locomotive, the Ironsides, was built A. ..,831?

D0 Y0U K N0 W tl1at Sir Isaac Newton, the great Christjan philosopher, who ·died A. D.·1727, studying ·this very prophecy: said, on the strength ofit, "I should not wonder if some day men wil(travel at the rate of fifty miles an hou(? "

D0 Y0 U K N0 W that Voltaire, the great infidel philosopher, who died A. D. I 778, when much more ~as known of the power of steam, despising this prophecy of God's Word, declared that it had made a fool of Sir Isaac Newton when it led Mm.to make the above statement?

D0 Y0U KN0W: thattheprediCl:ed"runningtoandfro"•is· being fulfilled by yourselfand others as you travel everywhere by steam- boats, steam and electric cars, etc.?

D 0 Y 0 U K N 0 W that knowledge is greatly increased, in .har- mony with the prophecy ?-anilcan you not distern such pl~1n sigils of the times in which we are now liv.ing? .

Do you Know that this is the BS that emulated from Charles Taze Russell in 1904 and is defended to this day by Zombies?

• schnell
    schnell
    D0 Y0U KN0W that the most rapid means of communlca. tion in· 1799' the beginning of"the time of the end,". was on horse- back, while now telephones and telegraphs unite cities, nations and continents?

Oh hoho! The time of the end way back when.

I thought the time of the end began in 1874 or whatever. Did it really say 1799 or is that an OCR fuckup mistake?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thankfully the bros are the stronger vessels, so they will have to do the manual labor with the hoes.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Back then it was taught the last days started 1799(something to do with Napoleon) 1874 end of man's 6000 existence or something and kingdom born perhaps, 1914 the complete end of the world.

• schnell
    schnell

Oh god it never ends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit