King David's Three Choices

by Jehalapeno 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

Gibberish. Am I going to have to spoon-feed you?

Back to the OP topic. The OT is unapologetic about the fact that god behaves capriciously.

It is not until after the exile that the Hebrews adopted Satan from the Zoroastrian religion to serve the role of god's evil nemesis.

• cofty
    cofty

Pre-exile account
    Again the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go and take a census of Israel and Judah. - 2 Sam. 24

Post-exile version
    Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel. - 1 Chron. 21

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Oh I had too high expections. "The world designed to designed to MAXIMISE pain". I would have loved some sources on that metaphysical gibberish

• cofty
    cofty

I did answer it Joan..

Almost every creature that has ever lived perished of starvation, predation, infection, exposure, disease or parasites. Five times - before humans even existed - almost every creature on earth was wiped out in mass extinction events. For 200,000 years humans just like us have lived lives that were nasty, brutish and short.

Take it up on this other thread where it is on topic.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Cruflty,

And I have answered, your problem is that you can not allow a God to create life that also dies to give space to new life. You list selected natural causes. You cleverly leave out dying of old age, which in the natural world is a bad way to die as it will involve pain in the end. So in your clever designs, you disallow a God to exist who creates life that also dies. Case solved.

• cofty
    cofty

Joan you clearly have no interest in honest debate. Typical theist.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Lol! What a nutter..

DD 🤪

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i would have chosen famine. it was a punishment against the israel dudes. so every body else would. be ok. since i knew there was going to be famine then you can plan accordingly. outsmart tantrum yaweh. in those times they had stored grain.

famine meant no rain.

david was an idiot

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I never realized that the 70,000 people that Jehovah killed with a plague---------were his own FAITHFUL, LOYAL, WORSHIPERS.

Even David pleads with Jehovah to spare them because they are innocent sheep who were not involved in the sin.

Bible quote;

And David said to Jehovah, “I am the one who called for the census! I am the one who has sinned and done wrong! But these people are as innocent as sheep—what have they done?

Imagine you are an Israelite living in those days. You decide to take a break from the hard labor of farming and have a picnic with the wife and all ten children. Then out of nowhere, one by one your children start dropping on the ground with some kind of flesh eating plague. Then your husband dies also. Leaving just the wife to plow the fields and herd the animals and feed herself. Or she can sell herself as a slave, or her bother in law can marry her and she can be his 4th older wife that he now has to care for.

And after several months the wife learns that Jehovah killed her family because King David took a census.

Will the wife continue to worship this God who killed her innocent family and made the rest of her life a living HELL?

The Watchtower magazines never mentions this. They only focus on David's SIN.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Remember: "God is Love!"

Let's review: It's a Cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit