What is the org’s view on extraterrestrial life?

by My Name is of No Consequence 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England
    This coming week's WT Study:-
    WT September 15, 2015 Page 19, par 6
    6 Consider the earth, which Jehovah, the Maker, “has given to the sons of men.” (Ps. 115:15, 16) Scientists have spent vast amounts of money on space explorations to find other earthlike planets. Although hundreds of planets have been identified, scientists are disappointed that not one of those planets has the intricate balance of conditions that makes human life possible, as the earth does. The earth appears to be unique among all of God’s creation. Just imagine, out of the unknown number of planets that exist in the Milky Way and beyond, Jehovah created the earth to be not merely a habitable place but a comfortable, beautiful, and safe home for his human creation! (Isa. 45:18) This reflects how Jehovah must love us.—Read Job 38:4, 7; Psalm 8:3-5.
    George
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There was an Awake! tractazine not too long ago that dealt with Armageddon scenarios. There were several illustrations, including UFOs attacking.

One thing is clear, the Guardians Of Doctrine don't believe that Aliens will ever establish contact with Earthlings. This almost guarantees Extraterrestrial contact, because the WTBTS has a 100% failure rate for predicting the future.

DD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I don't know how much of this is believable. But I'll throw it out there. NASA has photographs of the moon which they won't release. There is evidence of photos of the moon being somehow ''brushed-out'' to cover things up. That's just what I read somewhere, not sure how much is true, if true at all, but nonetheless, interesting.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

"Take us to your leader!"

• prologos
    prologos

There was an obscure reference once in the awake, 60s,70s, that said that "We are not mandated yet to colonize other worlds" so rather alien life already there it was the private opinion of that writer (it looked like he snug that tidbit in) , rather than extraterrestrials already being there, we would go there to make it so. perhaps by an extra-terrest-trial resurrection.

How many stars, planets have already died, whose light has not arrived yet?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    The org always seems to have an exit strategy in case they turn out to be wrong.
  • blondie
    blondie

*** ws (Worldwide Security -1986) chap. 22 p. 184 par. 10 The God of the “Prince of Peace” Becomes “All Things to Everyone” ***

To all eternity our earth will bear a distinction that no other planet throughout endless space will enjoy, though the earth may not be the only planet that will ever be inhabited. Uniquely, it will be where Jehovah has indisputably vindicated his universal sovereignty, establishing an eternal and universal legal precedent. It will be the only planet on which Jehovah of armies will have fought “the war of the great day of God the Almighty.” It will be the only planet to which God sent his dearest Son to become a man and die in order to recover the planet’s inhabitants from sin and death. It will be the only planet from which Jehovah will have taken 144,000 of its inhabitants to be “heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ.”—Romans 8:17.

*** w65 11/15 p. 704 Questions From Readers ***

There has been much speculation by worldly scientists and others as to whether there is life on other planets at the present time. Little is known for sure. The Bible is definite in showing that there are vast numbers of spirit creatures in existence, but it does not reveal whether there are physical creatures on other planets.—Rev. 5:11; Matt. 26:53.

Christians, though, have no need to be disturbed over the speculations about present or future life on other planets. Man was placed on the earth, and we are told in the Bible that righteous men will continue to live here throughout eternity. (Ps. 37:29; 115:16; Eccl. 1:4) We can rest assured of that fact, no matter what God may reveal in the future about life on other planets.—See The Photo-Drama of Creation, page 96, paragraph 3, as published in 1914.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    What is the org’s view on extraterrestrial life?

If there's money and sexual deviance for the governing body in it, they're all for it. If there's no money in it then they don't believe.

If they believed in aliens they'd be trying to send an apathy trolley to mars.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

If they believed in aliens they'd be trying to send an apathy trolley to mars.

Too funny!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The existence of intelligent ETs doesn't really jive with conservative fundamentalist Christianity (any flavor).

There just isn't room for it in the worldview.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit