2 witness rule

by punkofnice 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Divergent
    Divergent

Just answer the question asked by Dubstepped, Fisherman. Why are you being so evasive???

Do you personally have the opinion that Jehovah's Witnesses handle child sexual abuse allegations in a way that protects children to the best of human abilities? If not, where do you think they fall short? If you do, please highlight the ways in which they best serve children in these cases through their policies.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

You would think that with all of the evidence presented in the Conti case that Kendricks would be convicted of a crime but he wasn't even charged -at least not till this date.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Fisherman - Do you think Conti made it up? If not, do you just get off knowing that another accused molestor is out roaming free?

Also....

Do you personally have the opinion that Jehovah's Witnesses handle child sexual abuse allegations in a way that protects children to the best of human abilities? If not, where do you think they fall short? If you do, please highlight the ways in which they best serve children in these cases through their policies.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You would think that with all of the evidence presented in the Conti case that Kendricks would be convicted of a crime but he wasn't even charged -at least not till this date.

I asked this question myself since he had a previous conviction, he would have gotten a even longer sentience.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One could say the JWS religion did well for Kendricks, they availed to him a congregation that no one knew of his prior sexual conviction they even stated he was good with children, so he exploited the trust of that congregation to eventually attack Candace Conti. then when he was openly caught they concealed his actions again.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I asked this question myself since he had a previous conviction, he would have gotten a even longer sentience -Finkelstein

Or at least charged with a crime. The Defense argued that child welfare and law enforcement knew about Kendricks and did nothing to stop Kendricks from joining a church and when he did, they did nothing to warn the congregation.

And when it was decided by a preponderance of the evidence that he molested Candace, they did nothing.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Here in India, many publishers beg the elders not to take the case to the police due to the crazy legal system and the social ostracism which is more horrendous than the disfellowshipping arrangement.

When the legal system of the country itself is running at a snail's pace, many victims try to find support and solace in their religious community and hence I would not blame the families who go to the elders rather than the police.

Sadly, there are rising amount of cases here where people are falsely accused of child sexual abuse and the police can pretty much torture an individual to confess a crime that he did not do. You can be pretty much be beaten into a pulp even on a slight hint of accusation. Mob justice takes precedence over everything. And I can only imagine how an elder can get torn down into this mess when he gets to know about a child abuse case.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    punkofnice - "...why do they still insist on this pervert protecting rule?"

Because they're True Believers, and certain God's got their back, no matter what.

And - I suspect - because if they dealt with it properly, they'd run out of of "qualified brothers" to run the Org at the grassroots level, and the vast majority of the R&F would realize - truly realize - that it isn't "God's Earthly Organization", and then where would be the incentive to stay? ('Cause, let's be honest, being a JW isn't an overly pleasant experience.)

And then the Org would be fucked.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So many comments(tm) here I can't respond individually...no time, CBeebies calls me.

I've been interested reading the differing viewpoints. Of course, I respect all viewpoints even if I may not agree...who cares? No one, that's who.

So, as I can see, the 2 witness rule is a damp squib. (or squid, even, which would be funnier).

The main thrust of it all is that Elders et al are not told to report suspected/confessed paedophiles to the proper authorities. They should report it as a crime and not minimise it as just another 'sin(tm).

the corporation has been boxing clever with words to make it appear that they care; when in fact, they only care about their reputation.

Is that how we see it?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hell yeah punk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit