Simple Question Re 1914

by Slidin Fast 540 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

The rest of Daniel refers to historical events in the 6th century continuing right up to our day.

Hahahaha. No. Everything in Daniel 11 and12 can be readily associated with events up until the Seleucid period (apart from the exaggerated claims about a hypothetical future that aren’t real at all). It has nothing at all to do with “our day”. Good luck proving otherwise. 😂

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Please provide direct evidence for your belief that the book of Daniel was written in the 2nd century BC!

It’s funny how the threshold for evidence that JWs (and many other religious people) expect from others is a lot higher than for the ‘evidence’ they accept for their own dogmatic superstitions. 🤣

Note also how the apologist attempts to minimise the mainstream scholarly position that Daniel was written in the second century BCE as merely ‘my belief’.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Hahahaha. No. Everything in Daniel 11 and12 can be readily associated with events up until the Seleucid period (apart from the exaggerated claims about a hypothetical future that aren’t real at all). It has nothing at all to do with “our day”. Good luck proving otherwise. 😂

---

Hahaha. No. Only a portion of Dan 11 pertains to the Seleucids the rest of Daniel had a fulfilment in his day right through to the present as proved in -Dan1-11:4 -Dan11 11:20-12:13. Good luck and I wish you every success as you vainly attempt to prove otherwise.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

It’s funny how the threshold for evidence that JWs (and many other religious people) expect from others is a lot higher than for the ‘evidence’ they accept for their own dogmatic superstitions. 🤣

---

Am I hearing a plea for ignorance? That you have nothing to say and you talk about a threshold when even in your case you do not even have that for even celebrated WTscholars have a threshold.

--

Note also how the apologist attempts to minimise the mainstream scholarly position that Daniel was written in the second century BCE as merely ‘my belief’.

--

Not how you refuse to defend your own opinion but simply rely on other scholars to do that for you just as you have done with the nonsense on your website.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️ and as usual we’ve gotten to the point where he can only resort to parroting JW dogma and making trivial jibes

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Call it a draw ! 🤗

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Haha. My position, arrived at independently, is consistent with the world’s best experts on the subject. ‘scholar’ on the other hand simply parrots the view of a minor denomination with obviously superstitious beliefs. Hardly a draw.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well Jeffro, that was (or still is?) a marathon. Others dropped out but you and scholar lasted the distance.

You’ve got some stamina ! 😀

Cheers,

Ozzie 🍷

• waton
    waton
    Call it a draw

spelled back ward reads:

ward at ill ac.

Imagine it there was no talking snake , the whole thing made up, as the bard would say "much ado about nothing" ?

A for effort though.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

nd as usual we’ve gotten to the point where he can only resort to parroting JW dogma and making trivial jibes

---

The only point that you have reached is that you cannot provide any evidence for your opinion for at least so-called JW dogma sets out a commentary that covers the entire book unlike your fluffy opinion lacking any commentary.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit