How can you tell someone they have bad breath without offending?

by James Mixon 29 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I told someone and they became very angry with me. We have been friends for many years but lately his breath is eye burning. He is single so he doesn't have a wife to tell him, dear you need a mint. I don't know why but when something like this occurs I think about the Bible. Methuselah, Enoch or Noah's breath after 300 years. I would love to know what breath killers they used back then, I could make a fortune.Not only your breath but your body odor changes when you age so the body odor of someone who's 300 years old, please.....Ok folks I didn't sleep well last night. The next JW that comes to my door I will tell him or her, you have really bad breath. I know that person will never return.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Get all of his friends and family to shun him. Appoint some older men to give him counsel, then have them track his progress to see if his breath has improved after a few months.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Billzfan23..Good one.LOL

• Whynot
    Whynot

Some native Americans chewed on minty bark. Egyptians had toothbrushes made from twigs I think.

As far as your friend goes, maybe suggest a probiotic or that he see a dentist. He may have a certain dental condition like a cavity or a rotting tooth. He also may have digestive issues. You can say "hey I love hanging out with you but are you ok? When was the last time you went to the dentist? This probiotic may help with any heartburn or digestive issues you may have. Bad breath is usually a sign of bad health and I want to make sure you're ok"

• John Free
    John Free

My friend has got breath that is SO bad that people actually look forward to his farts..

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Whynot; Yes I could have been a little more tactful.

John Free: That's funny.

• waton
    waton

I have seen people bringing a toothbrush and pretending to do a demonstation in a private moment for the afflicted.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The problem you don't realize you have BB, people will offer you mints or gum and you may not still get the hint. So my solution, a device similar to the Breathalyzer but you check your breath odor instead of alcohol intake.The needle in the device will inform you, BB, BB take a mint before you leave...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe just be straightforward ...

Ask him if he has been chewing on a turd.

Rub a Dub

• blownaway
    blownaway

Want a tic tac?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit