I'm **so** glad I won't be in 'the new system'

by Simon 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Why?

BECAUSE I HATE GARDENING !!!

After many, many weeks or months of hard labour, clearing away 3 or 4 skips worth of rubble from paths, sheds and greenhouses, digging over soil and leveling it we finally layed our turf today!

I am knackered and don't even have any beer in the house

On the plus side, I have probably lost a few pounds 'cause the sweat has been pouring off me. Typically, while we had to dig the garden over we've had some of the hottest temperatures on record

Still, I think it was worth it. The garden looks great with a nice lawn and will be much better for the kids. Well, I'm trying to convince them - they've been asking if we can keep 'dirt and mud to play in' ... they like messing with toy diggers and tractors and come in absolutely black.

The worst thing about our garden (apart from the fact that we now have one and its big) is that we live on moss soil. It's like having a giant grow-bag in your garden.

After clearing the soil so it was totally bare, the next day we had grass coming up about 2 inches high - if you drop your keys I wouldn't be surprised if they grew.

I now dream of one of these:

http://www.friendlyrobotics.co.uk

Angharad says I'm mad so the angle I'm going for is that if she doesn't think cutting the grass is a big deal then she can do it!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

The damn destruction that I heard of.

I thought: wouldn't we keep some of the COOL buildings from around the world?

OH NO! couldn't have that.

I wanted the CN Tower here in Toronto for myself, but was told: 'uh uh, not possible'

Not sure about gardening, but I simply want all those left over supermarkets and grocery stores.

Forget about gardening, when you can have all the frozen food sections of the world at your disposal?

Figures with the JWs, even in the Phew System, you have to do MORE!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe Angharad will go for your idea if she gets a Roomba vacuum cleaner as part of the deal.

www.roombavac.com

So when do we get to see pictures of the garden??

Love, Scully

• Angharad
    Angharad

What he is not telling you is that, slowly over the past couple of weeks he has become absolutely obsessed with lawn mowers. Its got so bad I caught him reading a discussion forum that is all about lawn mowers yesterday. I'm going out to by him an anorak this afternoon

Cool vacuum

• berylblue
    berylblue
    caught him reading a discussion forum that is all about lawn mowers yesterday

EEEK! This is serious.

I have said time and again that there nust be a bulletin board or web site for everything under the sun. This sordid little fact just goes to prove my statement.

Rosemarie

"Sad and demented, but social." The Breakfast Club

Hold on while I go look for a list or site devoted to needle nose pliers.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was thinking the same thing yesterday while I was pushing my mower. It was almost 90 degrees and I was wet with sweat and wondering if I was going to have a heat stroke. I stopped twice to cool off and drink water. I'm 67 and don't know if I should push myself like that but said to myself if I can't take care of my self I might as well be dead anyway.

I think a lot while I'm mowing and thought maybe God makes grass grow like that so the ones who make it to the new world will have something to keep them busy since they won't have sex and stuff like that to do. Since the gasoline will give out soon after the great battle they won't have mowers and will have to cut it by hand. Maybe the sheep and goats will take care of that.

Ken P.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Simon

Get yourself a nice Honda mower........ Visit Smiley Central! < sorry couldn't find a Pic of a mower!

The price .....................Wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quantity DescriptionUnit Price Total
    Honda Commercial HRC216HXA Walk Behind Mower 999.00999.00
    Sub Total$999.00

Why not bye two?

Qwerty

• Simon
    Simon

Why can't they invent "Bonsai Grass" that grows to an inch high and stops?

All this talk of genetically modified crops and they make things that grow better ... I want something that doesn't grow !! LOL

I'll add some pics ... damn, I wish we'd taken proper 'before and after' shots 'cause the transformation has been astounding - when we moved in there were goodberyy bushes, a big metal frame for runner beans, potatos, a greenhouse, a big shed and lots and lots of paving stones. 4 skip-fulls in all (there were actually 3 paths of paving stones (the big thinck heavy ones) ... all underneath each other.

You can see the remnants of the shed and part-cleared ground behind the kids ...

• Simon
    Simon

It was actually nice getting drenched with the sprinker ... lovely and cool.

The hard part now will be keeping the kids off it for a week or two !

• Robdar
    Robdar

Nice lawn!

Ya know, Simon, Jehovah is going to be very disappointed to lose your gardening skills for the new system.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit