No Need To Preach In Every Country Anymore

by pale.emperor 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Speaking to a PIMO from my hometown yesterday. He told me that in the Watchtower study (10 Nov 2019) regarding “the great tribulation” the elder on the platform said that there’s no need for JWs to preach in every country in order to fulfil the prophecy, and therefore the org has already fulfilled that prophecy. And that there’s nothing else left to wait for now but for “the great tribulation” to come.

Gasps of delight came from the audience.

Has anyone else heard this? I’ve not seen it in print anywhere.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Of course, what's better then all prophecy's fulfilled.

Just arround the corner, living the best life ever.

OMG, they are braindead, using Macrons words this time.

G.

• Under No Illusion
    Under No Illusion

So, everyone left for their respective bunkers to wait?

Another hall sold!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Hi Pale, I think it is just another twist in words. For years they have said the preaching work would never be completed. Also think the reason everyone who heard this was happy were happy with the thought of no more field service. One of the things that is high on the misery scale for witnesses. They are in for a long wait. Or it could be the beginning for the wt. to become televangelist organization. No need for kingdom halls anymore with all the expenses just send money to us through the internet. Still Totally ADD

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

any jw with a brain cell in their head surely know there are billions of folks on this planet that have never heard of the WT and their stewardship in preaching the kingdumb of god, or will never likely hear it, I would of thought it is even more important to be preaching globally!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Watchtower has made this claim a number of times over the years. Since population growth makes it impossible for them to ever literally meet every person on earth, they have to come up with such excuses, otherwise the end would never come.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

pionsneers to be axed next?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

no need to worry about the big A starting anytime soon. the nations have to turn on babylon the great first...and the last of the 144000 need to die. so theres the perfect cop out for the watchtower--those 2 events are entirely out of their hands. brilliant.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow
    And that there’s nothing else left to wait for now but for “the great tribulation” to come.

If so - then that was true LAST year - a DECADE ago - and 50 years ago.

WTF is Almighty doG waiting for?

More cash to come from the "friends"?

FYI - I JUST READ THROUGH THAT WT AND SEE NOTHING THAT WOULD MAKE HIS CLAIM VALID.

• sir82
    sir82

Dingbat elder's personal opinion.

He's realized the impossibility of proclaiming a "worldwide witness" (my rough estimate is that at least half of the world's population has never so much even met a JW, much less "received a witness"), so he has taken it upon himself to tell the congregation "here's what Jehovah really means to say".

I suspect he did it to experience the reaction you describe - to hear excited gasps of approval. It feeds his ego, makes him feel important and special for a few minutes.

I'd bet he makes such important proclamations in nearly every part he is assigned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit