No Need To Preach In Every Country Anymore

by pale.emperor 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

Well....with no printed literature to place and nobody really knowing what the "teachings" are anymore...fs fizzles out...so of course...the work is done!

• Ding
    Ding

I've heard it also.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    He told me that in the Watchtower study (10 Nov 2019) regarding “the great tribulation” the elder on the platform said that there’s no need for JWs to preach in every country in order to fulfil the prophecy, and therefore the org has already fulfilled that prophecy.

What a great cop out that is.

We all know the GovBod (piss be onto them), won't go and preach in 'hostile' places, let alone their own back yard. They expect their sheeple to endanger themselves though.

Cults do what cults is. The delusion is strong in this one....or is that the farce?

• flipper
    flipper

Gorbatchov's comment," What's better than all prophecy's fulfilled ? "

What's better in my opinion is that NONE of the prophecy's or WT predictions have ever come true. Show's what a crock of shit the whole thing's been since 1879 when it started with the false predictions. 1914 - end of the world. Not. 1925 - end of the world. Not. 1975 - end of the world. Not.

It's what apocalyptic, mind control cults do- build up their followers hopes to keep them tied in, then never make good on those false promises. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Again - I found no such comment in that WT.

Has anyone else?

• Magnum
    Magnum

Hasn't the org been saying that for years? Didn't the Great Leaders say something like the original Greek word for "nations" was "ἔθνεσιν" (transliterated "ethnesin", as in "ethnic") and that Mt 24:14 simply meant that all ethnic groups would receive a witness and not necessarily all the current nations of earth? Also, didn't they apply Mt 10:23 ("When they persecute you in one city, flee to another; for truly I say to you, you will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives") to indicate that not all nations and individuals would receive a witness?

It also seems that I remember something about their referring to "community responsibility", which I think (and always did) is totally unjust and unfair. What if a really kind, loving, self-sacrificing, humble, truth-hungry person happened to live in a "bad" community and this person never received a witness? Is he going to get a hailstone between the eyes at the big A? Or, will the angels see to it that he gets a witness (as some JWs might say)? Well, it the angels are going to see to it that all "good" people get witnesses, then there's no such thing as community responsibility. It doesn't add up.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the elder on the platform said that there’s no need for JWs to preach in every country in order to fulfill the prophecy

Right, so out of 7.7 billion people living around the world, they've all heard the select distinctive preaching by the JWS ?

ummmm..... that's some good bullshit ain't it ?

• Ding
    Ding

Despite all the door-to-door witnessing and time reporting, the vast majority of people have no idea what JWs believe.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STILL TOTALLY ADD:

If the JW religion became a totally televangelist organization with No kingdom halls anymore..that may be great for ‘faders’ who want out - BUT that would be totally disastrous for diehard Witnesses in the congregation.

For one thing: the JWs would have no association..Certain people there depend heavily on this and would rightfully feel abandoned by the religion. Secondly: there are ‘needy’ types that get an envelope of cash (collected from people that would have to BE in a place to ask)..What are the elders going to do? Make cold calls in the neighborhoods asking for money??

So, if the religion shrinks further and folds up more tents and retreats to the hills, there will be some pissed off and very distressed people..Contributions would certainly stop to a religion that has No more physical presence, in my opinion!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

You may be right LongHairGal but there is a sucker born everyday. If they play it right and hide what they use to be and change a few talking points they could become richer than ever before. For the die hard I am sure the wt. cult can convince them this is what god wants. Maybe they can become like the Amish where they meet at a different house each week but the house has to be approved and have a 80 inch big screen TV. I am just saying anything is possible with this nutty cult. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit