Has WT actually drafted an End of Days tract?

by schnell 22 Replies latest jw friends

• schnell
    schnell

I heard in years past that there was such a tract planned for the great tribulation. My father at the time denied this, and reasoned that that would not be a loving thing for them to do, to essentially say, "Told ya so!"

Last year, the bunker videos had Brother Brown mention "a message of judgment".

Has such material been drafted or is this just another bluff?

• Simon
    Simon

I think that's most likely an urban myth for JWs to try and bolster their belief that they are close to the end and that it's imminent. What better way that the org making plans like that ...

If they actually, really genuinely, believed that the great tribulation was coming - they would be doing something concrete like storing caches of survival rations. The idea that the end of the world would come and they would carry on printing leaflets and distributing them is kind of laughable and ignores simple logistics:

The power is still on

The internet still works

They are still free to drive around and deliver to congregations

Publishers are still free to go door-to-door and hand out their propaganda

Everyone can still get gas then ...

... where's the persecution, the great tribulation? Sounds more like every-day routine!

• schnell
    schnell

@Simon that figures. Part of me wishes they would, however.

• Listener
    Listener

Now you've given them a great idea (or reminded them of one).

If they printed and stored these tracts in the kingdom halls the JWs would be beside themselves with renewed excitement.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Hailstones weighing a "talent" described in Revelation 16:21 = Tracts

LOL.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTSs doctrines act like the ebb and flow of waves coming to shore.

The energy pushing those waves is fear, fear to not only attract attention to the literature the WTS's publishes but also to stimulate the continuing proliferation of that literature by its devoted public sales representatives (JWS)

Since the WTS has been proclaiming for over century now that this living generation from 1914 will experience the Great Tribulation followed closely by Armageddon, this also serves to retain its devoted members.

Their members are told they are in appeasement to Jehovah for being in faithful agreement to those doctrines expressed by the WTS's leaders.

• schnell
    schnell
    Renewed excitement -> Climactic disappointment
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The only Watchtower End-of-Days Tract I've encountered is this one:

• burnedout
    burnedout

Good one, BOC!!!

• Raymudas Martini
    Raymudas Martini

Astrotheology, check it out. All I can say is, we humans are in our own "40 year trek" through the wilderness to the promised land, the "New World", so to speak. Remember what Jesus said, "look for the man with the water jar". "This is the dawning of the age of ????????" They were right, back then, it was the dawning. When you finally see what the Bible is really all about, you will be floored. The Bible was written for our day, and there is a reason the Mayan calendar ended in 2012.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit