JW story - "husbands JW beliefs ruining the family" - on Dr. Phil today

by ShirleyW 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Londo222 - FOR SURE!

He is bringing Reproach on Jehobers name buy telling people what it's like being a JW.

I guess its the type of "Advertise Advertise Advertise" message the WT was hoping for?

• millie210
    millie210

Right out of the gate the woman brought up 1975 and said they had "one foot on the gas and one foot on the brake" with that teaching.

However this goes, nice that she got that out there.

Dr Phil doesnt really know the correct pronunciation and keeps using the title "Jehovah Witness" to signify the group (plural).

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

They just said that the ELDERS called child protective services on him because they suspected abuse. I can't believe my ears! If he had a position of authority, such as being an elder, would they have still reported him so quickly?

• millie210
    millie210

Dr Phil just said "I love the Lord, its Christians I cant stand."

Followed by: "This is not God telling you this. This is men interpreting God for you."

The above statement was made in reference to shunning.

• carla
    carla

"Dr Phil doesnt really know the correct pronunciation and keeps using the title "Jehovah Witness" to signify the group (plural)."- That is how everybody I know pronounces it (non jw naturally) John is a jehovah witness, he is a big jehovah (meaning zealous), the jehovahs were in the neighborhood today, three jehovah's came to the door and so on. I don't think most have even caught on to the term 'jw's' to signify the group.

• millie210
    millie210

Isnt it one thing when people in the neighborhood do it and another when a man with a doctorate in counseling and who is on national television does it?

He should have been briefed better.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Watch TV: Dr Phil - My husbands religious beliefs are beliefs are ruining our family and now CPS has our children. Can we get them back?

Dr Phil to Tatiana:

"How did I know this? What, did I just make this up?"

(Tatiana gets up and walks out)

"If you're gonna make a dramatic walk-out, you gotta go this way" (points in opposite direction)

• I can't....

"No, not that way, there's no door, you gotta go this way"

• I came here for help...

"Well, you're not gonna get it leaving, but if you do want to leave, you gotta go this way"

(Robert to Tatiana: "Sit down")

• Dr Phil, this is not this is not at all...

(Robert to Tatiana: "We have to work through it")

• I am. I gave you (Dr Phil) all the information that I had. I can't begin to...

"If you want to talk to me sit down, if you don't, leave!"

• I can't speculate as to what...

"What's all this drama?"

• I can't speculate as to what the elders say...

"That's not what I asked you. I said what's all this drama? You're gonna get up and leave?"

• Because I came here for help Dr Phil...

"And so you're gonna decide what I'm supposed to say to you?"

• No, but you've make me feel like I'm the bad guy, like I've done something wrong

"Oh! You've done real wrong. Let me tell you I'm getting ready to tell you some things you've done wrong that if you don't change you're not gonna get those children back!"

Audience applauses

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    They just said that the ELDERS called child protective services on him because they suspected abuse. I can't believe my ears! If he had a position of authority, such as being an elder, would they have still reported him so quickly?

for fuck sake is there no winning? They DID THE RIGHT THING!!! It dosent mean jw’s have the truth, it dosent mean they arnt a cult, it dosent mean they haven't done the wrong thing in thousands of other cases but on this one THEY DID THE RIGHT THING! Why be a jack ass and try to make it negative or speculate on the idea that they would have protected hin if he were an elder?

They did. The right. Thing.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Watching dr. phil...This is a big nail in the coffin .

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Watch TV: Dr Phil - My husbands religious beliefs are beliefs are ruining our family and now CPS has our children. Can we get them back?

Dr Phil to Tatiana:

"Let me tell you the main reason, and I think we've seen pretty good evidence of it right here today, is that the minute - roll your eyes later, listen to me now - each time these people [CPS] have written these reports and done what they've done, which, clearly would piss off a statue, I get it. I mean you read this and it infuriates you right?

"So what you do is you then handle them by being combative, argumentative, unwilling to answer, and you write back - I'm sorry, I was talking - you then sit down and write out affidavits where you go chapter and verse through the report and criticized them, what they've done, where they got it wrong, how they jump to conclusions, how they didn't do the right thing and... your attorney told you to do that?"

• Yeah

"Where are your kids?"

• no answer

"Where are your kids??"

• It's all the process even if...

"Where are your kids?!?"

• Even if I had or hadn't written the letter...

"Where are your kids?!!?"

• Still with the CPS, but if I hadn't written it, I still wouldn't have had them...

"The one way you're gonna get those children back is if you play nice with the CPS and you say okay let's make a list, let's find out what it is you need to see here - and you might bite the end of your tongue off ten times - tell me, this guy is the head of the largest [Child and Family Services] organization in the United States, am I telling the truth here?"

"100%, do you want to be right or do want your kids back?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit