JW story - "husbands JW beliefs ruining the family" - on Dr. Phil today

by ShirleyW 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"MY Husbands Religious Beliefs are Ruining our Family" is the topic

I"m not home when it airs on CBS in the afternoon so I watch a rerun on Ch 55 here in NYC at 8pm. I have my cable box all set to switch over at the appropriate time.

• Londo111
    Londo111

In the clip advertising the show, I thought Dr. Phil came across as a jerk to the wife.

• carla
    carla

I haven't seen the entire show yet but from the website

https://www.drphil.com/videos/man-says-hell-remain-with-religious-organization-despite-wife-leaving/

the woman still seems blinded and maybe the husband is a pedophile? There have been 7 reports on this family. He was 'babysitting' and she came in and his zipper was down but then claimed he had just gone to the bathroom and that was the reason his fly was down. All big misunderstanding. I'm not a guy but most guys remember to zip up from what I can tell. Every now and again I guess the barn door is left open but the fact that there have 7 other reports on this family is suspicious.

Isn't it odd that the elders were the ones to report to child services?

Even if he is not a pedophile and they cooperate with the authorities and get the kids back their lives will never be the same with her becoming an apostate and him staying in.

Poor kids.

The only good from this story is that the jw's are in the news once again in a negative light.

Will he get in trouble for going on this show and bringing 'reproach' upon the org?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This program will highlight the problems which occur when one parent leaves the JWS, there is high incidence of divorces when this happens in marriages that was firstly started in the JWS cult.

People are indoctrinated to put Jah first or the organization as it may be even if you have to separate yourself from family members.

• undercover
    undercover
    The only good from this story is that the jw's are in the news once again in a negative light.
    This program will highlight the problems which occur when one parent leaves the JWS,

I hardly think Dr. Phil is going to be the catalyst to highlight real issues inside the JWs/WT world.

He's just another daytime TV quack, capitalizing on broken people and families to get ratings and make a buck.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Indeed.

I'm amazed people agree to come on shows like this and air their differences before a national audience.

• carla
    carla

While I agree that Dr Phil will not be the catalyst to bring down the jw's and I personally do not watch his show or those like it on a regular basis, it will show some a little bit how the jw's work and are a cult/high control group. There was a clip where Dr Phil said something to the effect that if one member of the family was not welcome somewhere then he wouldn't go, and would not tolerate the shunning of his wife.......

Most people still know very little about jw's. They annoy us on Sat morn, don't salute the flag and don't take blood. If they know that much.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most people still know very little about jw's

Yes this is quite true they do not know of its high control over its adherents/followers.

Most of the public just see JWs coming to their door selling their religion, which they abruptly say no thank you.

Its very much like the Scientology where the organization will try to separate families upon who are its devoted members and who are not.

This is done strategically by the JWS leaders to support the organization, its power and its constantly evaluated numbers .

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I can't figure out how a JW, in this case the husband, would accept to go on national TV with all the negative publicity that this would bring on the organisation. The only reason JWs go on TV is to give a positive witness...which is sure not the case in this situation. How can the husband go back to the hall after he has aired out is personal problems for all who watched?

• Londo111
    Londo111

I would suspect the elders would pull him in the backroom real quick...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit