"You don't go to church in a Kingdom Hall"

by stephanie61092 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    Outlaw.. Love your visual illustration! 😂😂 so true!
  • clarity
    clarity
    No you don't! Churches seem to be more about WORSHIP! Something that is so lacking with jw's. Salesmen's Seminars!
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

Shoo Enoufff, Ah yesderay I dun learned dat jesus aint god, and dats I gots to give my moneys to the warch tarwer just like calib and sofia.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    60's/70's/80's/90's naughties its the same mind-numbing boring repetitive crap with the old snippet of noo light once or twice a decade, clearly the idiot of a speaker hasn't realised yet.
  • scary21
    scary21

I have to agree with clarity. Where is the worshiping and praising of God ?

I no longer believe but I have to admit after getting over my fear of being in a Catholic church ( many many weddings and funerals) I felt much more spiritual there.

Being a born in, I never felt anything awe inspiring at the kingdom hall, never.

What a waste of time learning BS that was suppose to be true, but turned out to be just old BS light that's not true anymore and never was true. All those hours studying the Babylon book.

They would have been better off singing praises for an hour.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Don't go to fulfill an obligation? Remember those notes when relatives and others say you'll die at armageddon if you don't return to meetings. Then they quote, "Don't forsake the gathering of yourselves together", although no answer when asking where it's stated that is a requirement for salvation.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No JW has learned anything new in 120+ years!!! That's why nu-lite was invented! The WTBTS has nothing to teach. Why do you think they re-shuffle/regurgitate the same crap and give constant "reminders"??

DD

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the WTS has always taught that "church" refers to the 144,000 not a building

*** pe chap. 14 p. 125 par. 17 Who Go to Heaven, and Why? ***

The Bible tells us that Christ is the head of God’s congregation, and that its members are subject to Jesus. (Ephesians 5:23, 24) So the word “church,” or “congregation of God,” does not refer to some building. Rather, it refers to a group of Christians. (1 Corinthians 15:9)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    You learn so much more by listening to Joel Osteen.
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    The only engaging process is when people raise their hands to answer questions with underlined answers straight from the material, maybe with a little personal flair.

What would happen if one did raise questions that were a little tougher to answer? I assume you can ask questions freely there, can't you? Don't you ever have any investigators attend? What questions would be considered inappropriate to ask? From what little I understand, members feel pretty free to counsel other members, even when not asked for their input.

What kind of questions could get one into trouble?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit