Old Literature 

by RolRod 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I kept some Books for reference purposes, a couple of Mags containing pretty damning stuff, and burned the rest.

Having that Bonfire was very cathartic, my "Ministry" bag and stuff went on it too, it also freed up a lot of shelf space ! More room for books of use and value !

• Kilian72
    Kilian72

I think I am a freak here :D I kept it all! My great-great-grandparents became bible students very early in the 1900's and they had almost full stack of WT publications in their home, including the very first WT. After their death, their "personal library" and everything that was included in that came to possession of my great-grandparents. C. 25 years ago I inherited it. This collection including bound volumes, books, booklets, gramophones, recordings etc. etc. etc. have followed me until today. My husband luckily understands me, and has not complained so far. I promised to keep everything stored in one room in our house. I fully understand people, who doesn't want to have anything to do with the literature. However, for me, this is part of my life, that in my case lasted 35 years and in case of my family 120 years.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

While cleaning out the garage we just discovered two huge boxes of Bound Volumes that we thought had been burned long ago. I can't keep them all but which of any have important articles worth saving, such as those that are no longer available or have been changed online? May 22, 1969 Awake! is an example IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit