Old Literature 

by RolRod 32 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hold on to it!

It could be a cold winter.

Students burn book after talk on white privilege by Hispanic ...

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Sorry DOC, tried burning some of it and it didn't burn well, lol. I think it has demons. I trashed it so nobody else would stumble on it.
  • RolRod
    RolRod

I began to sell off everything a few years ago. You name it, I had it. I still have every watctower from 1884 through 1994. Started selling those off recently.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

what year did they start doctoring the watchtower and awake bound volumes?

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

I kept a Truth That Leads to Eternal Life book because it has all those references to 1975. I also have two magazines (can't remember if they are watchtowers or awakes) around here somewhere from the fall of 1994. One has the statement from the publisher that refers to 1914 and a generation of 70-80 years not passing away before the end comes, the next one POOF! it's gone. And when I saw that, POOF!, I was gone also.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I threw all but a few choice pieces of literature I wanted to keep as evidence, into the paper recycling bin. Then I suddenly remembered those old District Assembly and JW Yearbook experiences where someone supposedly found a discarded piece of literature and eventually became a JW.

I took everything back out of the recycling bin and had a good ol' time for myself ripping it to shreds to make sure that no one else's life would be ruined by it and no one else would die from lack of blood the way my Father did . It was quite cathartic.

• JRK
    JRK

Dumped most of it. It was cathartic.

JK

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I binned most of them. Except for:

Mankinds Seach For God - sold on eBay, bought by a Mr Lloyd Evans.

An old Rutherford book called Riches - sold on eBay. Even though I'd "borrowed" it from the KH library.

The Revelation book - Kept it. Still have it. It's too crazy and embaressing to ever get rid of.

Insight books - tried to donate them but nobody would take them - not even for free. One 2nd hand bookstore owner told me "Oh, Jehovah's Witness stuff? There's no interest in that."

• tiki
    tiki

Dumped....I still have one old black NWT and the Byington Bible they printed in limited quantities. I think I may have an old Babylon book too.....

• LV101
    LV101

Dumped it - I collected as much as possible in short amount of time. Wish I would have saved/stored it - sold on eBay or continued collecting. I think the trash is worth $.

I bought a new NWT online (silver cover) and will keep along with more mainstream Bible versions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit