I am grateful for leaving the watchtower corporation. Innit!

by punkofnice 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    otty -If you mean you are an unsuccessful author because it isn't financially supporting you, okay. But I found so much reward in writing my story. Money isn't everything.

Yes. that's exactly it.

My stint of "maybe Christendom is right" was short lived.

Same here. It did help me ease out of the mind control though. I still believed all the jesus god nonsense when I left the jobos. I was surprised that ex jobos are so vastly different in their beliefs and such. That's how simple and naive the corporation had programmed me to be. Hence I don't judge people either. Apart from when I judged 'battle of the bands' at a local school.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I agree with GreatTeacher it's liberating realising life is meaningless, I can make my own meaning, even if it's just having fun. I'm absolutely fine with that.

I do believe in altruism Punky, people who give to starving kids or victims in war zones do it anonymously because they care. I know people go on about middle-class guilt but I don't buy that. A lot of good people in the world.

I like the fact I don't have many Xmas presents to buy either Punky, silver linings eh?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Xan - Silver linings indeed, Hipster.

I think that having been in the corporation since I was born and only leaving when I was in my 50's (yeah, I know, I'm an old bugger), I am having to learn life all over again.

Yes. I have regrets of wasted potential. I will never forgive myself or the watchtower corporation for that.

Hey ho.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Punky Boy !

I do think you and I, and any in our situation i.e born-in should forgive ourselves, as soon as we had the "tools" to realise what the cult was, we left, despite the horrific cost to ourselves, losing family etc.

I think that shows integrity, and we can hold our heads up.

I too will never forgive the WT/JW Money Making Scam Corp for the lost opportunities, and for me not giving my kids the childhood they should have had.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Phuzzy - I too will never forgive the WT/JW Money Making Scam Corp for the lost opportunities, and for me not giving my kids the childhood they should have had.

Same here.

as soon as we had the "tools" to realise

I feel like I should have seen it much, much earlier than in my 50s.

It was the internet that blew the jobo crap right out of the water.

I still have my 'core' self that was always there, but I imagine it's very damaged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit