I am grateful for leaving the watchtower corporation. Innit!

by punkofnice 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Gor blimey, Uni. I bleedin' wonder how many jobos pretend it's all 'Stepford' but are dying inside secretly?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Punk - yeah ... there even could be a temptation to put your head in the sand and just carry on as if everything's a-ok.

My wife of x amount of years is beautiful, the sex is regular and usually great ... but it's not real. She doesn't love me. The whole thing's a load of bollo.

Do I just go with the flow and be largely comfortable and ignore the something lurking at the back of my mind, or do I leave - at great personal cost - and spend a lot of effort in starting again ... with no guarantee that I'll find anyone else!

I still think we've made the right decision to leave the WT.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I know I'm a weirdo, but I kinda enjoy the fact that life's meaningless.

It frees me from the struggle of trying to find meaning in everything; trying to make all the pieces fit.

I'm no longer interested in even creating a coherent meaningful story to explain the events in the arc of my life.

Yeah, work sucks. It's work, it's supposed to. But, my weekends are mine and if I don't have anything more meaningful to do than look forward to a good cup of coffee in the morning and a perusal of the internet in the afternoon, then that's fine by me.

Oh, and some good quality laundry time. God, I love the smell of laundry soap and bleach!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Uni - I don't believe in altruism anymore. We're all rotten bleeders at heart.

GT - Oh, yes. I'm with you there. Even the laundry.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Hey Punko, I agree with lots of what you wrote, but with your depressive thoughts and nihilistic outlook I was wondering how much joy you find. Life tends to have the meaning we give it.

So what do you enjoy post-cult? What makes you happy, even if we all know the eventuality? I've enjoyed your posts over time, so they meant something to me.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    dub -how much joy you find.

Not a great deal. People disappoint me immensely.

So what do you enjoy post-cult?

I've been looking for a big finish, in terms of good happening. I realise that that is just watchtower(tm) thinking. I enjoy coffee and cake in town with my daughter.

Watching 'University Challenge' with another family member.

I've enjoyed doing all the book writing....the first of which was a very sexually explicit and violent novel. It has jobos in it too.

I'm working on poetry books now in a kind of anarchic fight against pretentious people that find hidden meanings in poems, thereby, making it all about themselves.

I play on a '70's cover band. It's okay but I don't really like doing covers of other people's songs....problem is...no one likes original stuff much....plus I'm old, with a face so wrinkled I'm having a skin graft from my nut sack. The music scene is just so 'corporate'. ...and I don't want to perform free gigs or open mics.

Anyway, thanks for asking.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@punkofnice: "I'm old, with a face so wrinkled I'm having a skin graft from my nut sack."

My sweet lord.

Dare I ask, what was your first STI? The Plague?

PS: Which genre from the 70s??? You're tapping into my world, now...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

JoHo - First STI was definitely the black death.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/Porky-Pig-The-Bacon-Boys-1540065769635509/

www.porkypig.org.uk/

I am a bacon boy!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

That is awesome!!! (not the Black Death part, but your band)

The 70s and 80s saw some incredible music from English composers. I had a thing with Jimmy Kaleth (lead singer from Jonesy and Gold) back in '10. He's in Brighton right now. Still on friendly terms : ). Don't want to hijack your thread, but have to share this oldie from Jonesy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzxOexU5CdQ

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Hey punk I went through some of the things you did. I also went to a local community Church for about 6 months and came to the conclusion of there being no god. The depression, anxiety and self doubt over whelm me foe a while. After about a year I started to pick myself and found a part time job. At that point my self esteem came back.

A week does not go by where I am telling our new friends how destructive this cult is. I look at the cult as slow death by malnutrition where you get weaker and weaker.

I have been reading a lot lately one of my favorite authors is Robert Fulghum. I am in the middle of one of his first books "All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten" Uncommon Thoughts On Common Things. His books consist of many 2-4 page stories. They are simple to read but have deep meanings. They are uplifting, funny and sobering. For a guy like me with ADD his books are perfect. For me I find his writings help to see were I am and were I am going.

Here in the U.S. listening to much to politics is like banging your head against a wall. Please forgive my ignorance by asking this. What are your books about? Cult did teach us one thing advertise, advertise, advertise. Thank you for your insightful post. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit