Why does this forum tolerate Cold steele and his mormonism beliefs ? Who`s next ?

by smiddy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "It is highly unlikely I would ever again be swayed by any belief system..."

Yup, credit where credit's due.

The Org did a kickass job inoculating me against that sort of thing, too. :smirk:

LongHairGal - "...I consider myself to be anti-religion..."

I've read your experiences, and I can't say as I blame you.

Personally, I'm inclined to feel a measure of respect for any church that fairly utilizes the democratic process, embraces fiscal and policy transparency, accepts and respects the discoveries of history and science regardless of the implications, and fosters positive community activism...

...but sometimes I'm tempted to think those ones might be fewer and farther between than not.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

I dunno, it seems that some may be too easily "offended." That claim in the forum setting has always troubled me.

I appreciate diverse viewpoints, no matter how off the wall they may appear to be.

I do understand that many X-Jws will never completely escape the depths of their indoctrination and programming and will be haunted by feelings of "exclusivity" forevermore. It's a very strong and prevalent emotion which arises in many discussions of TTATT.

Some of us have been less affected by the attempts at mind control; while I was indeed in the WTO as a Jw, it was never in me. If the propagated doctrine didn't make sense to me as a "doctrine of men" I rejected it. Silently of course.

Unfortunately, not all X-witnesses had been able to shield themselves from the deceptive repetitions so skillfully delivered within the Kingdom Halls and continue to struggle mightily for years to overcome the "triggers" and the emotional subconscious manifestation.

Learning to Love is a difficult task. Our "enemies" even!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Without reading replies....my answer...

...because there are those here that are no more than keyboard warriors looking to troll and debate. Cowards cloaked in anonymity who wouldn't say to my face what they say on here. A pox on them, I say. vanquish these vagabonds. whippersnappers and scamps all.

That's why you won't see much of me here now. I'm done with self righteous mass debaters.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Punky, does this mean you are against mass debating now or is it the mass debaters you are against?

• steve2
    steve2

How is stating you haven't read other's replies helpful? Do unto others .....

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Punkofnice:

I'm done with self righteous mass debaters.

Luv it! Has a nice ring to it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

You have to hand it to ( s)punk LOL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    punkofnice - "...I'm done with self-righteous mass-debaters."

Awwww, I though we were friends.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I'm not bothered about Cold Steel or his beliefs.

Threads and posts that attempt to shut down conversations and unpopular points of view I have less time for.

• stillin
    stillin

Give me variety or give me death!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit