Why does this forum tolerate Cold steele and his mormonism beliefs ? Who`s next ?

by smiddy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• just fine
    just fine

I have had the pleasure of dealing with Mormons in real life. I have never met a more arrogant group of people. It is very hard for the chosen ones of God to deal with non-believers. In a professional setting, they will tell lies, maliciously. And please do not say it's one or two, because I have seen it many times.

I have also seen the way they have treated a young girl (20) who is gay. Shunning is real within their cult too. And emotional blackmail.

Misogyny is rampant. The church encourages young girls to go to college to find a husband. Then they have child after child, because the more children they have the better planet they get in the afterlife. They are all promised their own planet to rule, some of them think their rulership starts now.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Tolerate a Mormon? You mean a believer in something you don't believe in? This board is ostensibly open to all. It ostensibly allows for freedom of speech. Simon allows JWs, LDS, CAtholics and Baptists here. You can god bless or damn whatever you please and ignore whomever you choose. Happy birthday, merry christmas, happy Hanukkah. We have at least one resident Jew, too.

If you want to challenge ideas or beliefs go for it. If you wish to shut it down, you might as well go back to the Kingdom hall where character and intellect attacks on all "others " is allowed and in fact, encouraged and given regular training.

• stillin
    stillin

Sorry, Smiddy. You are usually spot on but I think you dropped the ball on this one.

(I'm mixing my metaphors, I think, but you know what I mean)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy - "Why does this forum tolerate Cold Steel and his Mormonism beliefs?"

How else are we gonna get firsthand how nutty Mormonism is? :smirk:

• steve2
    steve2

Come on smiddy, admit it. Cold Steel's superbly argued defense of the LDS religion has got you hooked well and good.

Protest is futile.

I predict in six months time you will drop the protests and actually sing the praises of this fine American religious group whose loving tentacles encircle the world.

You will move towards baptism and become a full fledged member.

Cold Steel's influence and standing are that powerful.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Non violent free speech should be the right of everyone on the planet.

....but that doesn't mean those who provide a platform (like a forum, newspaper, tv channel) have to allow everyone to speak on their platform.

Denying someone the use of your platform is not an infringement on free speech per se....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Mormonism was fabricated on a bunch lies and corruption like the JWS so who cares it just shows their in depth stupidity and ignorance of some people.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

I agree. Ban the moron and his magic underwear. Sorry mormon.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

What Smiddy may be making reference to and what some here may not be aware of is that Cold Steel has been making attempts at proselytizing me, personally.

While I am an ex-JW (I had to be raised by an aunt who was a JW from 13 until I was in my 20s), I am also Jewish. While I use what I've learned since my return to Judaism to counter JW teaching here on this forum, Cold Steel has seen it as an opportunity to make several anti-Semitic remarks claiming that all Jews will just have to accept being forced to change their religion and become Mormon. He has directed these comments at me.

This has been done by Cold Steel even though I've have warned him several times not to. I have even checked with the Latter-Day Saints in my area at the branch, ward, and stake level, and his behavior is against LDS policy. Jews are not to be preached to by Mormons under any circumstances because the LDS church built an education center in Israel under a contract agreement with the Israeli government that they will not proselytize Israeli Jews. Since then Mormons have been cautioned to avoid speaking to any Jews about their religion since many of us, like myself, hold multiple citizenship (it is not unusual for a UK or US Jew to also hold Israeli and Spanish or Portugal citizenship simultaneously since our homeland rights have been restored to us by all these countries recently).

Cold Steel has gone beyond this and made some insulting comments towards me about the "need" for Jews to 'get used to' the idea of being proselytized by Mormons, 'because it will happen' as he put it. I've asked him to stop, but he will not.

Unfortunately I cannot provide much more. I've written too much today on this board. I was supposed to stop attempting to write things as I am under doctor's orders to rest and adjust to a medicine treatment for nocturnal epilepsy. I should be fine in about a month to three months, but right now it is hard to manage things.

However I felt I needed to explain Smiddy's concern. Smiddy is not just speaking about Mormons in general sharing their faith on this site. He is speaking about Cold Steel in the act of proselytizing, and not merely proselytizing but engaging in some questionable anti-Jewish (against culture and religion) speech.

• problemaddict 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit