Why does this forum tolerate Cold steele and his mormonism beliefs ? Who`s next ?

by smiddy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I thought this forum was for people who were ex JW`s and pro Jw`s and the like to debate ,discuss and reasonably talk about our differences ,and sometimes drift off into politics world events and whatever.

However over a period of time I have come across cold steel `s many posts which are nothing more than promoting his Mormon religions point of view./beliefs What has that got to do with jehovahs Witnesses and the concerns many have with the JW religion.?

It seems to me he is using this forum to promote his religion and is getting away with it over a long period of time.

How long before other cult religions see this as a springboard for promoting their own religion such as

SDA`s ,Christian Scientists , Christadelphians ,Beroean Bible students ,etc.etc.

Where will it end if he is able to keep doing this ?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Impale him!

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

This is an ex-jw forum, not an ex-theist forum. Plenty of ex-jws adopt different religions after leaving (it's why some leave in the first place). If religion scares you and you would rather talk with only atheists then there are plenty of other places on the web where you can go.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Cold Steel promoting the Mormon religion? There must be a point I am missing here, or something!

• cofty
    cofty

CS has never been a JW, he is a cult apologist.

Personally I think his presence provides an opportunity to expose the cultish nature of Mormonism. Just Google ex_Mormon forums to find thousands of individuals with stories of abuse just like you will find in this forum - with the addition of magic underpants!

I'm all for a diversity of views in a forum. Echo chambers are boring.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Non violent free speech should be the right of everyone on the planet. If you feel that a member is constantly posting things of no interest to you or that you find offensive, you can just skip over their topics or postings. By being on this forum, perhaps over time, Cold Steel may come to realize the 'cultish' similarities between Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormonism and thereby give up the fairy tale religion he or she is now involved in.

• Scully
    Scully

Here's the thing: people like Cold Steel get off on the reaction they produce. If they get a reaction, they'll come back for more. If they don't get a reaction, they move on.

You may have just given him the biggest ego boost ever.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

• TD
    TD

Many people have started their journey out of the JW faith, not on "scary" forums like this, but by reading xLDS forums instead.

On an xLDS forum, a JW is free to mull over the similarities between the two faiths (which are staggering) in almost complete safety.

We've had a number of Mormon participants here over the years. Perhaps this forum is therapeutic for them in the same way.

• OUTLAW
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

As far as X-JWs are concerned I would like to consider myself quite well versed I'm mormon doctrine. It wasn't until I realized how crazy JWisim was as a by product of that I started investigating the lds. Doctrinally I view the lds as been more crazy than the jws and I also believe the evidence against it are more concrete. For example 1914-1919? Well Idk it was invisible in heaven where as the idea of people living on the moon and sun, BoA, Kinderhook plates are just wrong. That's just to name a few. There is no way in hell CS will convince me that doctrinally the lds are any more correct than the JWS. Now that been said as a life style choice I would probably choose to be mormon. Had I, my life would be quite different to what it is now. I have found X-mo sites hugely helpful in understanding my jw experience. The similarities are just staggering and the issues both religions are facing in the modern age are the same e.g internet, membership retention. What ever CS motivation is for been here I actually think it's a good thing to have a tbm/exmo here as it puts a different perspective on things. I welcome CS here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit