I think Limbaugh is out and out wrong on this

by JimmyYoung 35 Replies latest social current

• titch
    titch

A little "tid-bit" of information about Mr. Rush Hudson Limbaugh, that I remember from 1988. Here in the Los Angeles area, Rush was heard on Radio Station KFI, having been heard on a Mexican Radio Station, just south of the border, XTRA/690. Well, when KFI decided to carry Limbaugh's show, around mid-1988, he was "introduced" to the KFI audience by another personality, Tom Leykis. I distinctly remember Mr. Leykis, the day AFTER that show, relate that he---Leykis---and Limbaugh, had gotten together for dinner at a restaurant the night before, after Limbaugh's introduction. And, on his show, Leykis plainly stated that Rush had divulged to him, that he---Rush Limbaugh, was pulling the "biggest scam" on the nation's listening audience that had ever been pulled. And---GETTING AWAY WITH IT. Now, at the time, Tom Leykis did NOT reveal what, exactly that "scam" was. But, it got me to wondering, Just what is the scam that Limbaugh is pulling on the nation's radio audience? Perhaps, that he, Limbaugh, is NOT really who he says that he is? Hmmm. It causes one to think. I have my own ideas as to what that scam is and was. But, I'll leave that your own imagination. Best Regards, all!

Titch

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Rush gives himself credit for advising Trump. They both have unpleasant voices. But the other side is smooth snake oil salesmen.

Better to think for yourself.

Remember Reagan? One commentator said you never knew if he was John Wayne or gabby hayes day to day. I think the alzheimers had him then. The present crop shows the same signs of dementia, both sides

• LV101
    LV101

So much drivel here - show the facts/evidence.

• minimus
    minimus

Titch. Sounds like drivel to me. Enquiring minds wanna know.

• TD
    TD

I don't agree with personal attacks and hearsay.

Whether we 'like' Limbaugh or not was not the questioned posed by this thread

Limbaugh claimed that the annual flu shot was not a vaccine and he was completely, totally wrong.

Specific strains of the influenza virus, like A/Singapore/GP1908/2015 or B/Maryland/15/2016 NYMC BX-69A are grown in the allantoic cavity of embryonated chicken eggs. They are then harvested and inactivated via a combination of ultraviolet light and formaldehyde. The result is then centrifuged, purified and suspended in a buffered saline solution.

That is a vaccine. If a talk show host doesn't understand this, then he probably shouldn't be talking about it at all.

• LV101
    LV101

Why isn't someone calling him out on this error?! Most talk show hosts take one call after the other - or the local radio stations playing tunes do. Whatever the flu "vaccines" happen to be they clearly are dicey unlike the vaccines for childhood diseases, polio, small pox, etc. It's impossible to predict and manufacture a flu vaccine that will save lives with the successful track record of what we 'think' are vaccines. Most of us were clueless how many deaths a yr. the common flu is responsible for - all factored in like auto accidents so no big deal.

• TD
    TD

LV101

The function of the audience is to make the talk show host look good. This isn't just true of Limbaugh, it's true of all talk shows.

Rush Limbaugh is more honest about this than most, as he's said as much many times.

Guests are rare, calls are carefully screened and knowledgeable critics calling in about an embarrassing mistake the host has made are practically nonexistent.

When it comes to vaccines, some provide long term immunity and some don't. It really depends on the disease. Tetanus vaccinations are very temporary and if you work with your hands at all, you need to keep current.

Influenza is especially nasty in this regard as there's more than 100 potential variations of just the Type A variety alone.

• titch
    titch

Mr. Minimus: What. exactly, do you mean by "drivel"? My relating the account of what I heard Tom Leykis, a one-time radio talk show host on KFI, say, or something else? I was only relating what Leykis SAID about Limbaugh, about what he was told by Rush, when they had dinner together, back in 1988. That's all. My recollection of it is quite clear. Now, then, as I said in my posting, what the "scam" is that Limbaugh has been perpetrating upon the listening audience, I DO NOT KNOW. I only have my own personal ideas and opinions. And, I'll leave it that. Best Regards....

Titch

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Limbaugh can be abrasive but that is what draws people to him and some away. Many of the left have the same thing. AOC is very abrasive and self important and obnoxious. I can not stand to listen to her but some think she is the return of Christ. I don't agree with Limbaugh on every thing he says but I do on a lot. I just think to not agree is one thing but to say something like the flu shot is not a vaccine or that smoking is not harmful or proven harmful is so over the top stupid it has to be called out. I love to watch Penn and Teller have met them a couple of times and when they did the BS show on second hand smoking I emailed them that this was in and of itself BS. How could second hand smoking in enclosed places not be harmful? I agree if you are outside and you get a whiff and start to whine like and idiot leftist that is BS but not in enclosed areas. One has to think for themselves.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

AOC is very abrasive and self important and obnoxious.

Limbaugh is very abrasive and self important and obnoxious.

I would just give AOC the benefit of the doubt because of her age.

I guess Rush's brain never fully developed. Sad for a man of his age.

They both turn my stomach.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit