I think Limbaugh is out and out wrong on this

by JimmyYoung 35 Replies latest social current

• TD
    TD

After listening to it, I wonder if he's under the impression that vaccines are permanent, as in lasting the rest of your life (?)

Although this is true (Or nearly so) for some diseases, it's not for others. Tetanus, for example, requires regular boosters because immunity fades after just a few years.

At any rate, it's much better to take your political information from political sources and your medical information from medical sources.

This is the same guy that said back in February, "...I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks," which is true for some strains, but not for the one responsible for Covid-19 which is a novel strain.

Two months later, the U.S. has 23,644 dead out of only 587,173 confirmed cases, which is an alarming ratio.

• minimus
    minimus

The flu shot is a vaccine. Some swear by it and some don’t. Nearly everyone I know of get the flu vaccine and get the flu.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

The flu vaccine is only good for the strain its designed for. The problem with the seasonal flu is it mutates so one vaccine will not work on a mutated form of the flu. Its impossible to get the strain of flu that one particular flue vaccine is for. You may contract another but not that one.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Limbaugh could easily be a GB member for jw's. He certainly has the necessary credentials. He has a large following, his followers believe his unmitigated bullshit and hang on his every word as if god is talking to them, he's full of himself, he lies to people's face, he exerts his 'presence and pseudo authority' over others, will not listen to any reasonable person who has a different opinion and just plain babbles.

And in the end he will die believing that he did good in this life!

just saying!

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I don't take what anyone person says with out thinking for myself about it. But Rush has said some things over the years I totally disagree with. Smoking not being bad for your health. The idea that a National Health care system is a communist take over. and this one on flu shots not being vaccines are in the top ten. His stance on immigration, and thoughts on many of the crazy things liberals push I agree with.

• LV101
    LV101

Perhaps when snare returns he can set the vaccine vs. flu shot matter straight. I've never heard seasonal flu shots were same as vaccines from a doctor - they always explain the positives/negatives. Vaccines certainly proved to be a positive thing in past although there's a segment of society who endangers others (and themselves) by refusing to get them - unreal.

I think the liberals need a heads-up call to reality at some of the measures taken in this country re/their illustrative leaders who make the GB members look like choir boys. People being monitored in their own yards - golf courses, parking lots. Better to deflect onto a conservative radio talk show host/hilarious. Certainly glad most here aren't judges - oh my more of the same. Even the liberal judges have to check out the law, facts/evidence and consider justice - difficult, of course.

• TD
    TD

Fluzone by Sanofi Pasteur:

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

One other thing I remember that ticked me off a bit was during Hurricane Irma. He was ranting about this not being a big deal bla bla bla. Then when it was going to hit he flew out on his private jet. That was very hypocritical.

• TD
    TD

Flulaval by GlaxoSmithKline, another four strain formulation

As you can see from the packaging, these vaccines are specific to the flu season, because as I said, the exact strains to inoculate against are an educated guess made months in advance.

• LV101
    LV101

I can't tell you how many people I know in Florida who don't even leave their homes to go to shelters during storms. They do worry about their airplanes and want them moved and out of the area as a precaution but some feel safe in their homes - crazy. People will fly them out to safer areas. They're use to damage to homes and can't pick them up and scat like a plane or jet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit