Did You Know Any "Genuine"" Old School Anointed?

by Number 6 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

The first remnant i knew was a sweet old lady then..in the early 60's. We had the tuesday group at her house in Handsworth Birmingham UK. Her house smelt of cat piss and cooked cabbage. Or maybe it was her?

In my late teens i was at West Bromwch..2 congs shared the same old ruin of a rented hall. The cong servant of the other cong was a remnant. Nice old chap. The magazines for both congs were dropped off at his house . i was mag / territory servant so i used to collect ours from his house. That also smelled of cat piss and cabbage

His son had been a mill hill bethel boy..but went apostate bigtime. He wrote an article denouncing the watchtower and it was published in the local weekly rag. I wonder if he reads this site ..Brian ?

But the best was in our own cong. An occasional attendee started partaking one year. It caused a real upset. Lets call him Tony..because that was his name. Tony refrained from working for a living on account of some mystery fashionable illness, so spent his time impregnating his wife. At the time they had 6 young kids.His wife attended more than he did..usually with some of the offspring in tow.

One of my pals came out with the line.." he may be going to heaven...but he will be leaving a great crowd on earth"

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My father professes to be of the annointed. Growing up he was initially put in charge of everything possible. Presiding Overseer. Book Study Conductor. Gave the Memorial talk every year, sometimes even for more than one congregation. Had parts on every assembly and convention.

Then we moved far away and he came under attack for it. He hasn't had any extended privileges in over 30 years. I thought for sure when the Watchtower changed its doctrine that only the Governing Body is the Faithful Slave that it would shake him. It has not.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

We should make a thread about younger “fake” anointed we have known, because I’ve known a few of those too.

Most if not all of the current GB would fit the “fake” anointed profile. (One exception I might make is Samuel Herd, on no rational basis whatever, just a gut feeling) The last “genuine” anointed person on the GB was probably Jack Barr, judging by the date of his baptism, and his general demeanour.

All spurious distinctions, of course, yet nevertheless somehow make residual sense.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I had met a handful those who joined the cult before 1935 and consequently took the emblems, they were of course very old and often suffering from senility. One of the two in my UK congregation in the mid 1980s was an English bro who had worked in Brooklyn with Rutherford as his office assistant, he was a stenograher amongst other things. As he aged his conversation focussed more and more on the past so his company was mainly avoided at the KH and since he had never married he lived a lonely sort of life.

However at the time I had an increasing sense of being ill at ease with JW teachings and I mentioned some of my doctrinal qualms to him since he seemed to have become an outsider himself, not acting like a regular modern witness. He gave me his advice which was to take my own counsel on these matters, which is what I did-- and very good advice it was!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

When I was a boy, in the 1960's, there was an elderly couple who were revered as anointed. Each year everyone would crane their necks to see them partake. It was VERY unusual to see an anointed person in kingdom halls even then. They were a nice old couple but not anything special among us. I have no idea what happened to them. Since anointed people were OLD in my experience, I had a suspicious view of anyone who claimed to be anointed if they were younger than the Culicks.

There was one lady in the 1970's who claimed the call. She was in her early 40's. She said she heard a voice calling her name. It was Jehovah!

Right then I figured she was a nutjob. In the 1990's she was involved in a major purge of "Rockers" in the Bay Area. It was a group of "anointed" individuals who would sit and read the Bible and then rock back and forth when they found a new truth. The society star chamber hunted them and DF'd them all. Good times.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

In the late 60s we had a couple Fred and Betty Best who were sent to our area by the society to help spread the word. They were both recognized by the society as anointed. They were responsible for getting my large extended family in the cult.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Stan One of my pals came out with the line.." he may be going to heaven...but he will be leaving a great crowd on earth"

Stan you kill me🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

we had a couple of very elderly ones. I think “prickly” is probably the best way to describe them. But then so would you be if you’d sacrificed marriage and kids to sell books for no pay.🤨

We also had the wife of one of our elders....the one playing a first class game of “Elder turf Wars”all over our territory.

You know that feeling you get when there’s a partial solar eclipse obscured by cloud? That’s how it felt when she walked into the hall🧛‍♀️....you could actually feel the temperature lower by a degree or two🤣

• minimus
    minimus

We had a few. I remember as a kid thinking how old and frail looking they were. Some were kindly and others a bit odd.

• Number 6
    Number 6

Hey BluesBrother, not mocking anyone but quoting my friend.

It comes to us all in the end. I just feel sorry for these people going into old age with this false hope. To be fair I remember him as a decent old bloke from the early days of the WT. I just hated the way he was idolised for no reason other than he got the winning lottery ticket of heaven when the rest of us didn't.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We actually had six when I was but a small boy. They were all in their 70's or 80's at the time. There were two couples, one old guy in bad health who we would only see at the memorial and a brother who partook but his wife didn't.

The sister was really a bitch. She did not treat him well even though he was an elder. The joke (and everyone in the congregation knew it) was that he wanted to partake and go to heaven to get away from her.

On the other hand, maybe it wasn't a joke.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit