Did You Know Any "Genuine"" Old School Anointed?

by Number 6 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The most colorful anointed one we had in our hall when I was young, had apparently "died" at the hospital but awoke in the morgue.

She always wore nice clothes that belonged in the 50's with black patent leather shoes with pointy toes and 1 1/4" inch tiny heels. Back when they had live music in the halls, she would come up to the piano, sweep her skirt under her backside and sit on the bench. Then with a flourish she would start pounding out the melody. She sometimes lost her way and would start over again much to the frustration of the conductor. She was so animated that she reminded me of those silent movie accompanists. Even into her eighties, she wore the same clothes with cat's eye glasses. The only real conversation I had with her involved a telephone cord that was used to subdue a person that had attacked her. The whole hall tolerated her and wasn't mean to her. She was a cheerful crazy person.

Another was a sister who was very down to earth and looked like Shirley Winters when she was younger. Her mother was anointed and had lived in a convent for most of her life. She became anointed when she was around 30 or so. It made my mother jealous because she couldn't figure out why her and not me? She was humble, kind and funny. Never made a big deal out of it and had the attitude of "well he said he would pick all sorts of people" She got along with most of the people at the hall and was very sincere.

One of the newest anointed was someone I grew up around. She had a very disturbing family life growing up. The elder husband she married, eventually did her wrong. She became anointed around 30 or so. She certainly could turn on you in a second and be a witch. She believed she was, but she also used it to be over others. She hated that the elders looked down her as well as the GB making out that those of her age were "mistaken". I believe it helps her feel valued and special. But she doesn't impress me as being "christian"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NUMBER6:

When all is said and done, I have to come to the conclusion that the Witness religion has aided and abetted all these crazy, eccentric and attention seeking individuals with its belief about ‘the anointed’.

Some people here have pleasant memories of colorful people, and they are entitled to their memories. But, I saw the downside of it. Maybe back when I was young and new in the religion I could have shrugged off the cantankerous or prickly personalities..But, now, I would have NO patience whatsoever for anybody who thinks they are special.. I’m glad I’m out of the JW religion because I would not be able to be civil to them.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I remember ny mother talked of an older woman that "took of the symbols". My mother was not impressed though, believing she was backslidden. There is a really sad story to the garbage teaching of the 144,000. Russell started out with claiming everybody would be raised for a chance in the millenium with the exception of a few real baddies and those that failed the run for "the high calling". Then sometime in the 40s I believe, Rutherford rejected Russell's generous and fanciful understanding of the Matthew 25:31-45 and we got all this' everybody must be saved from the Armageddon slaughter' and the poor average JW is not even a brother of Jesus but is judged according to how he treats the brothers of Jesus, the 144,00 and the org. I remember my poor old father struggled a lot with this diving into forbidden old light, who was right, Russell or Riutherford

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

I met one about twenty years ago

was interested in what he had to say from the anointing he received

(as I knew that each anointed is taught by spirit - 1John 2:27 - As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you don’t need anyone to teach you. Instead, his anointing teaches you about all things ...)

and I heard as it is written here

w.t.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit