What Is Truth?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton
    what difference does it make??They were accepting a meaning that was FALSE.

m: not only that, but since the shitty brown "LGbT -- Men are liars " book, then was a must to study with candidates before baptism, it exposed the hapless publishers to being pegged in their communities as false prophets, by knowledgeable members of "Babylon the Great"

The churches had the truth, wt was the apostasing false prophet, , the publishers the victims in between.

• waton
    waton
    based on the freezing and boiling properties of water on that same planet.

OTWO, good point. so, use Kelvin then, based on absolute Zero, H2O comprises some of the most abundant elements in the Universe, acts in the same way everywhere in the universe, a true standard of truth. Aliens in Andromeda would agree.

try the hot basin, cold basin experiment. opinions, impressions do not change the truth, the facts.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Minimus: True versus not true. I don’t care what you believe or don’t believe. If it’s true than it’s true. If it’s not, it’s not.

This is from a person who thinks that "
    there was a conspiracy to make sure Trump wouldn’t remain President" across different states, despite the facts that there were not thousands of illegal votes found in any of those states. As Dave Wasserman, House editor of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report, told USA TODAY-

"The case for Trump having won the election is so preposterous that the only explanation is that the losing side does not like the results..."

And no, I am not here to argue the election. I am just saying that humans do not abide by "If it’s true than it’s true. If it’s not, it’s not."

Waton, I think you miss my point. Humans don't limit "truth" to objective facts tied to science, like the degree or intensity of heat present in our sun as expressed according to a comparative scale.

Just the very asking of what "truth" is leads to subjectivity.

• waton
    waton
    Waton, I think you miss my point. Humans don't limit "truth" to objective facts

Otwo, you are so right, once one realizes, that that is the case, truth takes on a completely different meaning. it is not really true, factual any more.

• minimus
    minimus

Otwo, you do seem fixated on Trump. Is it true ?? Lol

• minimus
    minimus

The Bible says, your word is truth. Jesus is spoken of as the truth. ( fireworks 💥 time)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Otwo, you do seem fixated on Trump. Is it true ?? Lol

I just like to stroke you because you don't accept what the truth is about that.
  • minimus
    minimus

All I know is Trump isn’t President right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit