Anthony Morris - The Higher Education Broadcast

by pale.emperor 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Last night I had JW Broadcasting on in the background while i was working, i like to keep up to date with their crap. Which is strange because when i actually was a JW i hated reading or watching their material.

Anyway, on the streaming section, Anthony Morris comes on screen telling me that higher education is bad and "the better the university, the greater the danger". I never would have believed it if i hadn't seen him say it myself. He then goes on to claim that one young person went to university and not only left "the truth" but his parents divorced!

Then he lays the blame at JW parents for allowing their children to go to university. When one person left "the truth" he claims he told them "well who dropped them off at the university?!!"

Oh but wait for this... "We wont need doctors or lawyers after armageddon, but we WILL need carpenters and plumbers!!".

It's the way he makes out that anyone seeking to improve their mind is selfish. Education is the finest investment anyone could make for themselves. No matter what it is. This guy is becoming more and more outrageous and unbelievable. I really hope JWs are seeing what we're seeing at are at least starting to doubt in secret.

• alanv
    alanv

My younger son went to a circuit assembly a few years ago with his older JW brother. He heard exactly the same thing from the program, and was so disgusted it put him off JWs for life (hopefully)

• Tallon
    Tallon

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity."

Aristotle

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" Since Armageddon is just around the corner, does it make sense to pursue higher education of this old system of things when god will be soon to destroy it ? "

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, what do you expect from a man who once said (and I quote correctly...just try and hear it in his drawl voice)

"Jehovah's people are the THINKINGEST people on earth"

Yes, and that children, is what UNEDUCATED sounds like....

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

"Jehovah's people are the THINKINGEST people on earth"

hahaha, thinking 1000 times about the same matter with the same result is rather repetition and hammering into than THINKING. As there is only one thought allowed - we are always right - all facets of thinking allowed are concentrating on repeating the own dogmatism simply from different standpoints.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Dont forget the Q&A method of teaching they use in their literature. Any deviation from what's written in the paragraph is not allowed.

"Jehovah's people are the happiest people on the planet".

Question: Who are the happiest people on the planet?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"This guy is becoming more and more outrageous and unbelievable. "

This is what happens when you lock yourself up in the the WT bubble. How can someone who does not have a mortgage or rent, utilities, insurance (medical and auto), food, clothing, auto payments understand what the common person has to face on a daily basis? The list goes on and on of the ease of living in the WT bubble.

This is the same man who described (in front of little children) charred bodies that were split open. He gave this talk with a straight face and pure smugness. This spoke volumes of the character of this man.

Anthony Morris has done more damage than anyone in this organization. I hope he keeps it up, he's doing well waking people up.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Tough to find someone with a graduate degree to set tile and do electrical for free at one of your building projects.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    He then goes on to claim that one young person went to university and not only left "the truth" but his parents divorced!

We all know this is made up nonsense and lies.

"We wont need doctors or lawyers after armageddon, but we WILL need carpenters and plumbers!!".

Yes, Tomo the turd, but we are not after armageddon(tm) here in the real world. In 1969 I was told a very similar thing by the WBT$. I could have had a good education, a splendid job and a better life. But Oh, no. thanks to the manipulation and lies of the WBT$ it didn't happen.

We all know the WBT$ wants to keep people thick as planks so they don't wake up from the brainwashing.

Tomo the turd is a vile individual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit