Did I open the gate to the realm of demons?

by redpilltwice 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Sorry, fukitol, I didn't mean to be insulting. One of my biggest defects is being blunt and direct. Some people interpret that as being rude. I apologize...I will add smiles and flowers next time. :) :) :) ;)

• atomant
    atomant

it seems to me that if all she requires is a photo to practice her magic she might be a witch making voo doo dolls.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Really fascinating thread and experiences! I live in Japan, where there are many places deep in mountains called "power spots". People go there and are often fully, or at least, temporarily healed physically (or is it mental healing which has a physical affect?) There are magnetic rocks that have therapeutic effects on the different ailments that especially the elderly have in their later years.

I hear the Japanese talk about these places all the time with wonder and reverence. If that many people swear by their good experiences there, then perhaps there is something to the power and healing effects of these places. I am, admittedly skeptical, though.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    If that many people swear by their good experiences there, then perhaps there is something to the power and healing effects of these places.

Many people truly believing something isn't necessarily an indication of that something being true, as all.of us here very well know ;-)

On the other hand, many (perceived) phenomena haven't been researched properly yet, and thus no conclusive statements could really be made about them...

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

It's called the placebo effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The power of suggestion.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Mad Irishman, you wrote:

It's called the placebo effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The power of suggestion.

Thanks for your "eureka!" - comment, but, with all respect, have you read all the comments? Your answer gives me the impression you haven't. I believe that "the placebo effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" is not that one definite explanation in all cases, it doesn't seem to cover the whole subject. If you think otherwise, I'll respect that, but then I'd like to hear more from you about it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

redpilltwice - "Did I open the gate to the realm of demons?"

Probably.

Apparently, it's quite easy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People heal because their own biological make up through time itself, that hasn't anything to do with spirits or spiritualism.

Holistic medicine, faith healing, acupuncture etc. and other non-scientific proven acts of healing fall into a category of just theoretical speculation.

Spiritualism is an acknowledgment of the human imagination though.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Hi redpilltwice

I would like if you don't mind a up date please

Pain still gone?

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Demons and angels are a figment of man’s imagination.

We heal because our bodies heal.

I had the same shoulder and back condition as someone who chooses surgery.

I refuse surgery and make a full recovery.

Their surgery leads to failure and more surgeries.

I could sit back and claim I healed because Zach from Ghost Adventures visited me, but I would be lying.

I healed because my body is amazing.

Thats not to say adept sport surgeons aren’t worth their weight in gold, but it is to say supernatural is not involved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit