Did I open the gate to the realm of demons?

by redpilltwice 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    redpilltwice: OrphanCrow > (and I am not going to get into the dog story at all... that is a whole other ball of wax)
    lol If you wouldn't have written that, I certainly would have asked about the dog!

Haha! Now that I have thought about it...I will take a crack at that ball of wax.

I have seen miraculous things happen when it comes to sickness and healing. With both people and animals. There is another common theme and that theme is caring/love.

Dogs have an unlimited capacity for love - they give and receive unconditionally.

I have known a dog that was diagnosed with cancer and given 2 weeks to live. Love sustained him for another year and a half. I had a dear friend diagnosed with cancer and given 2 months to live. He lived another year and a half. Love sustained him, too, and gave him extra time.

Caring, the sharing of love and compassion, can and does create miracles

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

OrphanCrow > I have known of people who went to a healer first - their pain disappeared but their undiagnosed cancer didn't.

I agree with you in the sense that pain has a function that should be traced back to the source, if possible. Doctors are trained for that. It would be very, very stupid to simply get rid of pain without proper medical care for let's say, some broken bone.

In Holland, we've had a notorious case of Jomanda, a spiritualist and healing medium who got in trouble after the death of actress Sylvia Millecam:

wiki: In 2001 Jomanda gave medical and spiritual advice to the popular Dutch actress Sylvia Millecam, who later died of cancer. In 2004 the Dutch Health Inspectorate filed suit against Jomanda claiming that she and three alternative therapists misled Millecam by claiming that the actress was merely suffering from an inflammation.

On the other hand, half the nation where I live thrives on pills and pain killers, it's an entire industry by itself which shows how much we are fighting symptoms instead of seeing through what is really going on. There's so much we still don't know. Both sides seem to have their limitations, maybe we will reach some widely accepted hybrid form some day, but hey, for now my healing lady saved me some paracetamol/acetaminophen

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@RedPill,

Another alternative health factoid from our great nation:

National Watchtower leaders and Biohorma (a producer of fytotherapeutic and homeopathic - thus alternative - ...uhm...medicine supplements) were historically very much intertwined (although less so now).

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    redpilltwice: but hey, for now my healing lady saved me some paracetamol/acetaminophen...

Cool. Personally,for pain, I like the green herb. :)

One more comment about the role of belief in healing. A few years ago, when I was consulting a medical doctor about pain, he put his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eye and said, "I believe you. Your pain is not 'just in your head'. I believe you."

And you know, his belief helped me cope with the pain. So, when it comes to belief, sometimes all a person needs is for someone to believe in them....not the other way around

• millie210
    millie210
    redpilltwice maybe we will reach some widely accepted hybrid form some day, but hey, for now my healing lady saved me some paracetamol/acetaminophen.

And your liver will stay healthy too! Good job redpill!

I heard a stat recently that something like one seventh of the worlds population takes over 80% of the worlds pharmaceuticals.

Thats some crazy numbers there!
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    Is it from Doom?

No its from "The Gate", a low budget 80s schlock horror film, a fav from days gone by

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    Twith > No its from "The Gate", a low budget 80s schlock horror film, a fav from days gone by

Hmm, probably too old and too cheap to be on netflix. lol Never heard of it, and boy, did I see a lot of 80's horror stuff (might explain my choice for the title of this topic)

• fukitol
    fukitol

Sounds like she is a Reiki practitioner or similar.

Kinda funny to see people try to explain such phenomenon away as a placebo effect, power of suggestion, a psychological disorder, etc. Better to just accept that there are some forces and mysteries that we can't explain or comfortably fit into a purely materialist paradigm. Doesn't mean you're compromising on atheism.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    fukitol: Better to just accept that there are some forces and mysteries that we can't explain or comfortably fit into a purely materialist paradigm. Doesn't mean you're compromising on atheism.

Lol! yes, there will always be couch sitters in the world. There will always be those who find it easier to just "go with the flow". No issues, no problems...and no thinking

Oh, and by the way...where the *beep* did you pull atheism from???? It is a strange comment in this context. It sort of resembles a red herring actually

There are things that can be discussed on this forum that have nothing at all to do with belief/nonbelief in a deity

• fukitol
    fukitol

And why your condescending and insulting response orphancrow? So touchy and defensive at the mere mention of atheism (I am essentially an atheist btw). I feel no need to defend my mention of that in the rude manner you demand I do. Draw whatever inferences you wish from it.

Not everything in life and the universe is as black and white as it seems. There are mysteries and 'real' experiences being experienced that are, and may always be, inexplicable, and accepting some ambivalence and taking a neutral position on some of these things is one to be respected I believe.

Peace out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit