Did I open the gate to the realm of demons?

by redpilltwice 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Thanks all of you so far.

OrphanCrow, you wrote:

It is possible that you really didn't have anything at all wrong with your wrist - you may have been experiencing sympathetic pain or a psychological pain that your brain was perceiving as physical - and the mere suggestion that the pain could disappear was enough for your brain to interpret reality correctly.

Interesting, and without a doubt sometimes the case. but in my case I don't believe this was a matter of wrong signaling/interpretation/suggestion from my side. You see, I know exactly where my pain came from. It was a physical cause and effect and has been there for years since the very moment it happened. In my memory, I can still pinpoint that moment and remember every detail and everything that was involved.

Millie210, you wrote:

There is an entire school of thought that energy flows like electricity. From higher to lower, stronger to weaker etc.
    The example above is just one most of us are familiar with. Many secular and other religious resources report similar stories.
    So what if the question is not "does it exist" (energy moving from one source to another)
    but "what is the source"?
    I personally think it is a simple part of the natural world. Just like barometric pressure and tides and so on.

This idea of energy comes close to my own gut-feeling. Warmth is known to relieve muscle pain, and warmth is a form of energy. The lady probably has the "gift" that her energy goes/flows to where it's needed. I still think that in this case, that energy is not exactly the same as heat. May indeed have something to do with electricity, molecules and their arrangements.

It's great to discuss these things without superstition.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    redpilltwice: You see, I know exactly where my pain came from. It was a physical cause and effect and has been there for years since the very moment it happened. In my memory, I can still pinpoint that moment and remember every detail and everything that was involved.

So, my question to you: why did you still feel pain "for years"? Was your injury not healed already?

I would propose to you that your pain was unnecessary - it was, for lack of a better term, "psychic pain"...phantom pain. Pain felt that was no longer there. You just thought it was - your brain was tricking you. The memory of the physical trauma was so strong that the pain "imprint' was still there. That imprint got removed...that is why the pain disappeared. You (your brain) didn't need it anymore - you were given permission to heal it and your brain responded. Your brain was probably tired of feeling all that pain for so long

• millie210
    millie210
    redpilltwice
    It's great to discuss these things without superstition.

It really is, isnt it?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I wish I had an answer to what you experienced but I don't. In 2008 I was a regular attender at an Assembly of God church (I don't go anymore) and I saw a lot of "bat shit crazy"! My own personal experience was a faith healing. For a number of years I had a bum right knee that gave me a lot of pain to the point that I was wearing a brace and needed a cane.

This particular Sunday the service was getting emotional and so was I. It seemed to me that the carrying on at some of the services was contageous and faked. All I wanted to do was kneel at the altar like some of the others but there was no way I could get down on my knees. I was just praying and the next thing I knew was that I was kneeling. I got up and was so emotional that I started jumping and dancing. The entire church was amazed and happy. I've never had another problem with the knee since. There is more to this story but I know I already made a lot here laugh. I won't go to a church like that again but it did happen.

HappyDad

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

HappyDad, amazing story.

OrphanCrow, you wrote:

So, my question to you: why did you still feel pain "for years"? Was your injury not healed already?

With all respect, I don't think so. Let me explain in more detail. The pain was caused by putting to much tension on my wrist during a hand movement, which gave a short painful sensation of burning fire in my tendon. It happened about 12 years ago and I never went to the doctor, but everytime when I had to use much more than average strength, the sensation came back, so it's quite clear to me why and when I felt the pain. Same with my collegue, who almost reported sick although she already used a brace. She had REAL, work related pain which she got just recently, not years ago.

• just fine
    just fine

I had problems with an injury for years, I tried everything . I went to a lady that used energy for healing - and it worked the very first time. I visit her about twice a year now and have never felt better. I don't tell a lot of people about it lest they think I am crazy. And she also believes there is an emotional aspect to long standing pain.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

just fine, thanks for your input. You wrote:

And she also believes there is an emotional aspect to long standing pain.

Hmm, interesting. OrphanCrow also mentioned it. Did she tell more about that emotional aspect? I'd like to know. Furthermore, -for the sake of argument-, isn't long standing pain usually due to aging and the wearing of the body or, as in some cases, work-related? My now not-sore-anymore tendon seemed to become painful a bit more often with the years.

• Simon
    Simon

The placebo effect is real and measurable (strangely, increasing for Americans).

The mind plays an important part of what you feel - it is the control centre after all.

Sometimes things are just in our head and we need someone to say "you'll be fine now".

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Simon's post suddenly reminds me of phantom pain: pain that one can feel in amputated limbs. So your left foot hurts, while you don't even have a left leg at all. Talking about the brain making stuff up.

This phantom pain in amputated limbs can be treated: using a mirror, so the eyes see the reflection of the remaining healthy limb at the location of the amputated limb.

When the healthy limb moves, so does the reflection...and the brain starts to assume both limbs are present and healthy.....reducing the phantom pain.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/mobileart.asp?articlekey=88097

• just fine
    just fine

For me the injury happened when I had just left the witnesses. I was in a vulnerable state and the injury happened. There was a lot of fear associated with the event and the aftermath. I was still holding onto that fear apparently, and needed to heal my mind and body. I am in a much better place physically and emotionally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit