Very little that is factual in the Bible?

by TerryWalstrom 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TerryWalstrom
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

A few examples of "facts" as presented in The Bible...

- the Earth is 7000 years old

- bats are actually birds

- rabbits are cud-chewers

- the hair color of goat embryos can be influenced by what their mother sees

- all the ancestors of the millions of species of land animals on Earth today could fit on a boat smaller than an aircraft carrier

- the End of the World was predicted by an inmate on a lunatic colony

- the city of Tyre would never exist again

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The bible is full of ancient mythological expressions (Hebraic) sourced from that cultivated civilization.

It wanted to be the almighty gods chosen people for many compelling reasons including protective power from other surrounding civilizations and their connecting gods.

Not to the blame or fault of those people in reflection of the apparent ignorance of all humanity in that era of human history.

The bible nevertheless gives us today a historical reference to how those ancient civilizations ideologically thought and socially behaved in that specific era, as well the engaging stories they told to create power and relevance to their select god YHWH .

• venus
    venus

Among those few historical things found in the Bible, the following is one we can say with absolute certainty that it is made by a historical person with sharp insight of the future: “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!” (Mathew 7:21-23)

Prima facie these anti-organization statements cannot be invented or interpolated by any organization as they are against the interests of them. And see the amazing degree of its fulfillment—over 41000 Christian organizations claiming to be true Christians asserting the rest are false.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I’m pretty sure the talking donkey part is legit.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would run off with Bible scholar Dr. Francesca Stavrakapoulou. A hottie who knows her stuff.

I might have thrown into the argument that some of the best fiction is set in an actual historical past- GONE WITH THE WIND, THE THREE MUSKETEERS, A TALE OF TWO CITIES

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The bible contradicts itself at various places. On religion says one verse is literal while the other one needs explaining and the other religion teaches just the opposite.

• mrssauk
    mrssauk
    Of course the talking donkey part must be real. Haven’t you seen Shrek? 😏
  • TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

The contrast in personalities in this program is fascinating to watch.

• jws
    jws

I find it interesting in this and other programs that the representatives of the Jewish religion are often so moderate, taking the old testament with a grain of salt. Well, maybe not THAT inconsequential, but you get the point.

Where as Christians, who probably wouldn't even have a religion if they couldn't piggyback onto the Jewish one take everything so seriously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit