Very little that is factual in the Bible?

by TerryWalstrom 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD

Moses recording his own death is a bit of a paradox too, when you think about it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    humbled - "Finally, I let myself suspend both belief and doubt by creating a 'shelf' in my brain. This convenient arrangement allowed me to put problems of faith in closed boxes to be dealt with at a future date."

Eventually, you run out of shelf space. And boxes.

With politicians, it's called "compartmentalization".

Authoritarian leaders in particular find it easy (they don\t experience cognitive dissonance), and I suspect, can't understand why regular people find it so hard.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Unadulterated consciousness would confront most of us with an unendurable awareness of the certainty of our own extinction and utter meaninglessness of life.
    Soooo...
    We find ways of tampering with such bald-faced tragedies. We find refuge in the construction of escape-beliefs. We tamper using alcohol, drugs, sex, career, meditation, video games, Star Wars sequels, sports, and stamp collecting :)

There are many challenges to face in justifying such beliefs, of course. Consequently, we must construct iron-clad logical support systems such as Systematic Theology.
    If we aren't that intellectual--good old fashioned Superstition will do nicely, thank you.

Whatever it takes to float our boat.
    Related image

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

I suspect it would be difficult to arrive at any other conclusion, than the one you've stated above, when one is as intractable as you are.

Jesus countered your conclusion in one sentence: neither life nor death are meaningless...John 15:13.

https://youtu.be/jRv-fgfLFTk

love michelle ❤

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit