The fade did not work

by BeautifulMind 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Not long after learning TTATT, my hubby and I decided it would be best for us to fade. His entire family is in, but not in the same cong. as us. We made it to the Region Convention and one Sunday meeting after that. The RC was easy. We have 2 toddlers so we had plenty of reasons to get up during the day and leave early before the session ended. But that last meeting did us in! We left feeling like we did not belong anymore. Everything was under the microscope for us now. The entire time we were giving each other looks when we heard things from the platform, watching moms place watchtowers on their toddlers lap instead of a children's book or toy, the obligatory 'hi how are you' surface conversations going on before and after the meeting and other observations. It was an odd feeling since we both were born in so this had been all we knew. It was a pretty silent car ride home and at one point I looked at him and said 'we aren't going to fade are we?' It was more of a statement than a question because I knew what we were both thinking. He said 'nope, we're done.' We haven't been back since, we just stopped all activity with no regrets whatsoever. Best decision we ever made!!
  • mimimimi
    mimimimi
    Good for you! I was trying to be low key and continue to go for the sake of my elderly mother and other family who are in, but I reached a point where I just couldn't take it any more and just stopped. I have to say it was the best decision I ever made too.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

That still counts as a fade. Congrats!

I remember the last weeks at the meetings. What struck me the most was how critical it was of everyone not a JW. It was basically hate speech.

• Simon
    Simon

Doesn't it feel like movies where someone wakes up to a society under mind control - seeing what is really going on and impossible to fully fit in.

It's hard to sit there and listen to all the nonsense when you finally see it is nonsense.

You'll feel better once it all seems like a distant memory.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ Beautiful Mind - I can't say I blame you or your hubby. It's not easy to sit there and observe everything from a completely different, and may I say, normal perspective much less sing the majority of the crap songs that only serve to ingrain and program your mind to obey the Slave and nothing else not even scripture. Not to mention how they crap on Christ and everything he did.

I can only wish you the best and hope you guys regain your sanity and live a life befitting a true follower of the Christ and rightfully be called a Christian not a Jehovah's Witness.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Wow. Great to know that there are people out there who are able to quit cold turkey. For me, I did a 95% fade - quit field service altogether (currently inactive) but still attend the occasional meeting for the sake of family. All out is the best way to go!
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    Even as a JW, when they changed the songbook...even before that...I tended to go all 'Manila Vanilla' during the songs.
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I envy you both. My husband and rest of family are hardcore JW, some heavies. I would lose it all if I came clean.

Good for you guys!!!

SL

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Good for you. A short fade is still a fade: short and sweet.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    We're in Divergen'ts boat - 95% fade, with a monthly meeting to cover our backs from the knives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit