The fade did not work

by BeautifulMind 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

Pbrow and Simon

That's what I said to my husband. I dont want to subject our kids to any more of that and we had to get out regardless of the consequences. Bad enough It took us a little while to deprogram our 3 year old, the other is just 1 so that's nothing to worry about thank goodness!. We had been telling him the same things we were being told at that age - everything is bad!! Birthdays are bad, Christmas is bad, this is bad, that is bad and on and on. But we apologized to him and told him it was ok to watch or listen to those things and like them. Now he just can't watch things that are not age appropriate including Caleb and Sofia, we threw that trash out!!

Perfect example. There is a channel here, Baby1, and there is a segment on in the morning with birthday wishes for that day. I would tell him 'no baby, no birthday, remember? Its bad.' So at first, and this is after we cut off all activity, when that came on he would look at me and say, 'birthday is on, change the channel mommy!' Broke my heart to see that I was beginning the harmful cycle. So I would tell him it's not bad and its ok to like it and sing along.

Fast forward to now, he is completely deprogrammed! He's had his first birthday celebration and loved it. He said it was his best birthday ever! He told me happy Halloween the other day and he is constantly talking about Christmas lol!! It makes me happy to know even though I didn't have a normal life our kids will. Oh, and not just holidays but EVERYTHING will be normal. Soooooo worth it!!

• flipper
    flipper
    BEAUTIFUL MIND- Congratulations to you and your husband for both waking up to getting back your freedom of mind and freedom of movement in your lives. Just before I stopped attending for good back in 2003 I also experienced the lack of love, lack of caring from anybody in the congregation . Everybody seemed so fake, just putting up a façade of showing genuine interest in me- and I was experiencing unjust treatment after being reinstated for a year and a half. I asked myself, " Was I DFed for 4 years to come back to THIS treatment ? " I thought . " I'd rather be DFed ! " So I stopped cold turkey, became inactive and never went back. As you said, best decision I ever made

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit