Do You Enjoy Being "Part of the World"???

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Freedom. That is what it boils down to. I would never give it up again. The price was too high.

Living in an abusive family and an abusive religion almost killed me.

Now I look forward to living a full life. I want to live now. There is so much to do and to learn. Giving it up would be like a living death

Being part of the world means being alive as others have said to think and feel and do what we want in freedom without fear.

Mind shackles are just not for me.

• undercover
    undercover
    Well since I've been part of the "world" for a while, I feel that it's not as bad as I had been led to believe. It's nice to take an interst in just about anything, and not worry about someone looking over your shoulder, or what jw you'll accidentally run into.

Sums it up nicely.

I too realized that "worldly" people aren't as bad as I had always thought. They have good points and bad points, same as anybody else. In fact, worldly people seem easier to deal with than most JWs. They are honest in ways that most JWs aren't. While a JW may not steal, lie, cheat, etc, and some "worldly" people have no qualms against that, "worldly" people accept people for who they are. If they don't like you, you'll know it. If they like, or trust you, you'll know it. JWs on the other hand, generally speaking, have a false front. They are nice to all other JWs, even outsiders, but inside, they harbor grudges and dislikes more than any worldly person that I've been priviledged to know. And a lot of these grudges/dislikes are based on what level of service that someone has attained in the congregation.

• minimus
    minimus

I like the "world" and all of its trappings, too. Being "worldly" isn't so bad. As a matter of fact, all my best friends are "worldly".

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Yes I do !!

• rocky220
    rocky220

rocky220

• RoadDoctor
    RoadDoctor

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to be so sad in the world and feel an empty void in my life, that was what I was always taught by my folks and elders. Personally, I love it, and wouldnt trade it , well, for the world (no pun intended).

Josh

• Carmel
    Carmel

Isn't it funny how many biblical texts the JUUs can twist to use as a control mechanism! Dam straights I love being part of the world! How else does one be part of change for the better? Unlike many who understand the biblical prophecies to lead to a magic wand intervention to solve all of man's problems, I prefer the "do-it-yourself-kit" interpretation.

carmel of the hobbiest class

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

Yes I love being a part of the world it's wonderful to be here and experience it all.

• minimus
    minimus

Even being called "worldly" ain't so bad. The world is supposed to be simply corrupt. The "worldly people" are led by the Devil. Everyone is bad, bad, bad.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

I feel grateful and truly alive. The JW numbness has worn off and I'm still working on living my life, my way, without fear and guilt. I'm taking classes, enjoying hobbies, meeting new people and it's fascinating to realize that JW's are missing out on being a part of the human family. I'm so relieved I left and I'm much happier for it. I agree with Tammy, it's great to feel 'normal'! - Victorian Sky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit