Do You Enjoy Being "Part of the World"???

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since before a Witness gets baptized, they are told to "Be no part of this world". That is beaten into everyone's head. Now that you're not a JW or are on the way out, how does being part of the "world" feel?

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i think it's probably the greatest feeling in the world. it's still sort of weird for me...i remember when i moved out of my parents' house, the first morning i woke up in the new place, i thought to myself, 'i could walk around the block and not have to ask anyone if it's ok. i could go meet a friend for lunch and not worry about getting caught. this is GREAT!' ...amazing how many little freedoms people take for granted.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

How does being part of the world feel? Something like this:

It's nice to have the free time, freedom of thought, freedom of expression, freedom of association, without guilt.

Walter

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

It feels absolutely wonderful!! I have much more freedom to do what I want...I'm actually having fun now!

• blondie
    blondie

JWs are black and white, it's in or out, eh, minimus?

I am no longer a follower of the Watchtower organization.

What does the WTS think makes a person part of the world?

Voting--permissible now

Neutrality--WTS NGO associated with UN

Immorality--WTS protects child molesters

Military service--WTS holding shares in Rand Corporation maker of weapon parts

Smoking--WTS holding stock in tobacco companies

Blood transfusions--Blood fractions

Adultery--Encouraging JW mates to divorce "apostate" mates

Sounds like the WTS is part of the world. Does that mean I left the world when I left the WTS organization?

Blondie

• benext
    benext

The WT definition of the world as being that part of mankind alienated from God never really made any sense. Come to think of it anything the WT sought to define never really made any sense.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Well since I've been part of the "world" for a while, I feel that it's not as bad as I had been led to believe. It's nice to take an interst in just about anything, and not worry about someone looking over your shoulder, or what jw you'll accidentally run into.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Being "part of the world" is living in reality, rather than living in slavery disguised as fantasy.

My head feels clear!

• Swan
    Swan

I don't really think of myself as being "part of the world." I don't really think of it as "The World" or "Satan's wicked system of things" or whatever else the dubs call it.

I just think of it as being normal.

I know I'm not normal, and probably never will be because of the way I was raised, but I see this as just trying to be normal.

Does anybody else see it that way?

Tammy

• talesin
    talesin

Interesting question, minimus.

I now feel alive, whereas before I felt "dead", just an inanimate tool. I had no feelings, no opinions, no emotions.

Am I always happy? No.

Do I enjoy being free! Hell, yes!

(would I ever give it up? Doh!)

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit