Want to read the Montana Nunez v. Watchtower Trial Transcript? It's now available to read

by AndersonsInfo 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you Barbara and Joe for all you do. Wish y'all nothing but success with your activism against this cruel WT cult in the coming 2019 new year.

It would be awesome to see you interviewed on youtube.com by some of the more anti-JW high profile channels.

• Not_Culty
    Not_Culty

Thank you Barbara and Joe

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Thanks for this Barbara & Joe.

And I'll bet the WTBTS & CCoJW are optimistic about 2019 - not! Pain upon pain for the cult. :)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I suspect the WTS/GB see this as persecution and a sign that The End(™) is near. I think they really believe all of their mumbo jumbo BS. They must be thinking that surely Joe Hoover will bring it all to and end before they look like total dumbshits --- NOT!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you Barbara, Joe, Karin and Roger! I'm about 3/4 through and have to stop even though I want to keep going.

Thank you all for all you do.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Seeing how the Watchtower/Christian Congregation of JW , legal council is giving bad legal advice shouldn't they get their license to practice law revoked?

I'm thinking the shit has hit the fan back at headquarters and their is going to be big changes I'm sure of it, in fact I was sure of it as soon as JW broadcasting said no change in the 2 witness rule will ever happen, from that moment on, because they are haughty misguided idiots for all the world/courts/juries/lawyers to see(stupid broadcasts that make themselves targets for big awards in court). Let them get more and more of these type of losses till they go belly up perhaps, but I think a move is under way to get these idiots on the Governing Body out of power, if they want to save it from tremendous financial losses due to some Faithful and Discreet Slave bullshit these idiots drunk with power have going on.

Save the corporation, depose of the despotic Governing Body of, stupid hooligans, G.O.D. and what not delusional nonsense.

• careful
    careful

Thanks for the post. It's a lot to read, and I certainly did not read it all, but the part I did near the end is powerful: WT lawyer and Witness Joel Taylor apologizing and admitting wrong (p. 121, 3rd set of docs). But the opposing lawyer's words ring so true:

"There hasn't been a word of apology until this jury spoke. They haven't heard the message and that's what punitive damages are for. And these (indicating [the monetary sum]) are the numbers that will send that message to them." (p. 123)

Spot on! The GB are so dumb. They have to get clunked on the head by "Satan's world"! How long can they can continue to keep this from the R&F? Their secrecy bubble is being popped. If they're having trouble making ends meet now, imagine how much their donations will dry up when the average Witness finds out about this stuff.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Spot on! The GB are so dumb. They have to get clunked on the head by "Satan's world"! How long can they can continue to keep this from the R&F? Their secrecy bubble is being popped.

They are totally insensitive jerks, I'm sure this verdict and the huge $$$$ settlements, are sending shock waves through the Watchtower's entire corporate structure. A big change should be forth coming, perhaps in the management structure, and probably to silence these loose cannons that are causing so much financial damage.

I think the Governing Body's hay days are vanishing and it is ruff roads ahead for these totally useless clowns running the whole thing with their bull shit denial, and ever increasing shadow which they project on everybody and every thing.

I'm sure many at Headquarters are getting feed up with these jerks and the legal predicament these assholes are causing by their insane delusions about their place of importance with their imaginary friend corporate Jehover and his careening this way and that magic chariot.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I love this part of the trial:

Watchtower's net worth is $1.5 billion dollars with a "b." I can write the full number. It's 1,590,000,000. I'm going to just round it down to save you guys time. So it's 1 billion, 500 million -- I have to make sure I get the numbers correct. It's $1.5 billion. The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses -- and keep in mind when I tell you these numbers, the Judge read them to you as agreed facts because defendants have stipulated to it so you can take it as true. So CCJW, their net worth -- I'm just going to round down to save everybody time -- is $49 million. Now, when you find that somebody acts in malice, punitive damages are appropriate. And the purpose of punitive damages is to punish someone or to deter their conduct. And in a case like this what is important is to send a message to the Jehovah's Witnesses organization that you must obey the law and you cannot ignore the safety of children and expose them to known pedophiles.In order to send that message -- remember, their headquarters are in New York and it's important to send a message from here in Montana that it is loud enough that it will be heard in those office headquarters in New York. Here is the example that I like to give. If you have $100 and I want to get your attention, is taking 10 of those dollars going to get your attention or will it take more than that? Here's why I tell you that. If you take -- I'm just going to put Watchtower New York (indicating). If you just award punitive damages of 14 percent of -- imagine them having $100 and say I'm going 15 to take from you, that is $150 million. Maybe that's enough, maybe it takes more than that but I tell that to you just as a baseline. With CCJW, if you are attempting to get their attention in New York, and you say "I'm going to get your attention with 10 percent of your net worth, 10 out of your $100," that is $4.9 million. You'll be asked during this phase of the trial to determine what amount is a proper amount to send them a message by saying, "When your conduct is in malice, you have to be punished. We don't want you to do this again.

And we don't want others to do the same thing." These (indicating) are the numbers that I think are the minimum for getting somebody's attention and I leave the appropriate amount in your discretion. Thank you, your Honor. THE COURT: Thank you, Counsel.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

So the Jury awarded a little under 2% of WT's net worth. 1.59bx.02=31.8m

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit