Another example of. Brotherly love you can only find in jehovahs organization

by nowwhat? 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So my 88 mil died and was the epitome of a faithful sister. My wife and her sister are members of the congregation for 40+ years. To be fair it was short notice but we had the showing and visitation and only about 12 out of 120 of the congregation showed up and only 1 elder! Now if they could count the time on their field service report they would have been lined up out the door!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. Peace be with you all.

I wonder if your MIL knew that only 12 people from the congregation would show to her funeral, and only 1 elder, if she would still believe that love was an identifying mark of the one, true religion.

I know my parents do not have many years ahead of them. I already feel sad about my father's future funeral talk. I wonder if the elder giving the talk will acknowledge my father believes he is one of the annointed and will mention my father's heavenly hope or will just give the same canned outline talk. Not to mention my father had a rather extraordinary life before he became a Witness. I wonder if they will mention any of it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Obviously she didn't leave her estate to WTS or else every elder would have been there with the CO tagging along too.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Sorry to hear, we all have to face it despite false promises.

The mindset is that this pandemic is equal to the black death do there is no interaction in person. The announcements if made at all are very short--there is important business to handle like donations and mask reminders.

You did miss the hungry people coming to a reception and a recruiting talk. Memorials are one of the few ways to catch up with old acquaintances.

I know one loving elder who did not have any remembrance per his instructions. My suspicion is he realized the hollow hope held out. It does make the clisure harder for family though.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when my jw ( for 60 years ) dad died in 2016--i organised the funeral. a simple committal at the crematorium. Whoops i forgot to tell anyone in his congregation about it.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I want my memorial/funeral talk to be video recorded. That way, when I'm resurrected in the new world, I can see who attended my memorial/funeral and who cried!

just saying!

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Obviously she didn't leave her estate to WTS or else every elder would have been there with the CO tagging along too

Spot on

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Thank God not one penny going to the org!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NOWWHAT?:

Yeah, Thank God for THAT bit of good news.

But, as for few people showing up, I think it all depends on whether the deceased was in a popular clique. Sadly, in the JW religion there is not an equal concern about people there..which is yet another reason I don’t miss that place!

But, again, I am sorry for your loss.

• 08out
    08out

When I was an elder a friend of mine from the congregation fell of a roof and died soon after ,he wasn't allowed to have any so called privileges,I didn't care we got along great,we played poker at each other's houses and drank too much ,he was a friend.when I got to the hospital I was the only elder there.I was pissed.I said something to the other elders ,the po at that time said I didn't realize you two were friends,I said what does that matter.That was the beginning of my leaving.They showed no love just as they did to your mother inlaw because that person wasn't important enough for them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit