Another example of. Brotherly love you can only find in jehovahs organization

by nowwhat? 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

3rdgen - coincidentally I can relate a similar experience to what you described. I currently have a great aunt who literally breathed the religion. Her husband was an elder for decades, and also died as an elder. She now sits in a rest home with dementia. I enquired, with the facility, about the visitors she gets. Sadly she is largely forgotten by the JWs.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ain`t it the truth nowwhat? you nailed it .I`m sad for you and your wife`s loss

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

joe134, That's a shame about your great aunt. Once the elderly Jw's have to be cared for in a nursing home the JW visitors disappear for the most part. I believe part of the reason for this is JWs don't want to be reminded that the panda paradise has not come as they all expected. Seeing their friend old and sick is painful for anyone but for a JW who never has prepared for this eventuality, it's unnerving. It messes with their faith to picture themselves in the same situation one day.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I think I'll tell them, I think when she is resurrected she's going to be disappointed only one of the "loving shepherds" showed up for her funeral!

• Overrated
    Overrated

When my father was dying from cancer not one of those idiots from the kingdom paid him a visit. What a loving bunch. But at his services, it was 5 minutes about him and the rest of the time a commercial for the watchtower.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Stan livedeath I did exactly the same when my JW mum died in 2013. She’d been in a nursing home for 6 years prior to her death and no one cared. She would see the clergy of Christendom visiting their parishioners but no elder visits for her. When she died, I organised the burial and conducted a committal service with my husband, daughter and 2 funeral directors present.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit