Theme of this year's series of Conventions

by MrTheocratic 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is that a Bible quote? I can think of "do not tire out".

In general it's a bad idea to present your message as a negative. If you don't want people to give up it's better to say positively: "keep in the race" or "keep on enduring". If you say "don't give up" all people can think about is "giving up".

If this is the theme, no doubt the full message will be: don't give up because the end is really near and you'll miss out completely if you don't keep doing as we tell you.

• steve2
    steve2

Perhaps positive exhortations will conjure up disappointed memories for many JWs.

For those who were in the organization in the 1960s, few of us would ever forget the strident messages to "Endure to the end".

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

2016: Remain Loyal

2107: Don't Give Up!!

They just had a big Convention last year on ''Loyalty'', to remain ''loyal even to death." To be ''loyal'' no matter what. It just ramps up their way of being more extreme, ''even to one's death''. More and more extreme at all costs, putting-up ''loyalty'' to the WBTS over one's health, well-being and life.

Here is the thing. Those 2 above convention themes just scream desperation as someone mentioned earlier. 1914 is now 100 years on now and no new system. They must be aware of a tide of doubters, who may be questioning, missing meetings and doing things against WBTS policy. I am sure many are starting to wonder!!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I am sure many are starting to wonder!!!

Said every person who ever left the JWs after finding out it isn't true since the year nineteen canteen, or earlier.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

So, is it:

Don't Give Up

or

Do Not Give Up

?

Mr Apostrophe would like to know

I think he isn't needed?

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave

The eternal carrot is still in play😡

• anointed1
    anointed1

If the world was Sooo bad and the organization was sooooo good why the exorortation not to give up?

excellent question

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It's "Don't".

It's a great theme. Smacks of desperation, negativity and an awareness from the top down that all is not well in dubland. It says to me that the GB know they are living on borrowed time as far as their eschatology is concerned and they are running out of ideas to keep people motivated and in.

• dogon
    dogon

But But we are sooooo close. What is the current bull shit we are at the tip of the pencil in time? I always think of Romancing the stone. We are coming back for you,when? Soon. How soon? Very soon.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    MrTheocratic - "...Evidently things are getting tough within the org and some are leaving."

That's because the Org leadership are phucking pharisees who can't seem to help but make it tough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit