Annual Meeting

by sove 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Earnest
    Earnest

After relating that some "old-timers" had told his son forty years ago, when he was still at school, that he would never graduate in this system, Anthony Morris said :

"If any of you [in the audience] are guilty [of having said this], God loves you, he forgives you. If you did that back then you didn't help anybody."

How patronising, how revisionist.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Anthony Morris missed that May 22, 1969 Awake Magazine page 15 article ("What Future For The Young") by a couple years.

'Finally, I ended up going to a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Delray Beach, Florida. It was on a Sunday in February 1971.'

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/w20150515/remembering-first-love-for-jehovah/

• Gorb
    Gorb

This is one of my red buttons against jw.org.

Blaming Jo Publisher for follow up the organization instructions.

At our circuit assembly the CO told us around 1995 that we had to stop complaining when having a bad paid job because of putting the kingdom first in the past. "It was you who made that dissision and not us."

Since then I new the religion was fake.

G.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The WTBTS has from now until January 2022 when they release the Annual Meeting content to the rank and file...one wonders if they'll attempt to doctor-up/edit Morris' blunder/boo-boo statements. They'd almost have to delete his entire talk because it's such a disaster through-out!

Who knows...he may wakeup his own kids to the 'Truth'! :) :)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GORB:

Yes, absolutely right that they try to blame individual JWs in congregations for following what they were told they should do.

Younger people had hard pressure to supposedly ‘put the kingdom first’ 🙄 and not get decent jobs (because to do so would indicate you didn’t have faith and you were shunned to a degree like I was)..I was there and I remember older JWs with cushy lives (because THEY were in the workforce) telling ME I should quit my decent job with benefits and do housecleaning in addition to being in the full time ministry!!!

This never made any sense to me and I paid no attention to these hypocrites. I am Retired now and any young Witnesses then who followed the bad advice are suffering TODAY and are poor and get help from non-JW relatives or in some instances begging and trying to guilt-trip other JWs to give them money!

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

So Morris publicly stated that he was teaching apostate ideas to his young children in opposition to the faithful slave? And nobody is going to even blink at that remarkable demonstration of mental gymnastics! Amazing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit