Annual Meeting

by sove 45 Replies latest jw friends

• asp59
    asp59

Think the gift of God to men idé was the end of this org too. They probably wanna remove it with online arragments. Think its to late for that.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Family members watched the Annual Meeting via zoom. Photos posted on Instagram show them sitting in front of their screen in meeting attire and floral arrangements (like the memorial) in place. Anthony Morris is on the screen and everyone has their iPad's open to some designated information. They are feeling "privileged".

The word is ....wait for it....Jehovah is providing "spiritual gems" at the right time and his love is "crystal clear". The running theme is "Stay alert spiritually and follow the Channel"

(Around our area the word Channel....sounds very familiar because the one time famous Hollywood actor Linda Evans and her partner JZ Knight started a cult and built a huge lavish compound. I think they originated the whole idea of "channeling" when she was supposedly in contact with a 35,000 year old warrior named Ramtha? They got rich off of it and the compound had horse barns that had wall paper and crystal chandeliers ( What is it about cults and their propensity to isolate themselves on acreage and surround themselves with grandeur? Why are they always so worried? ). This group also liked to predict catastrophes and also admonished their followers to stock up on provisions and be ready. Sound familiar? )

• Listener
    Listener

Here's a link to the whole of the AGM

https://2021am.stream.jw.org/home

Is this a link directly to jw.org streaming? I don't know how long this will remain available.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you for the link Listener.

Wow...these GB old dogs sure are fattening & aging rather quickly...GB Lett (@ 2:40 hour) is sporting the largest double-chin ever...man that thing is big and sagging clear down past his neckline...jeeez that thing's a whopper!🤣

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow...aged, ill-prepared & nervous GB member Morris admits in the last talk of the Annual Meeting that WT headquarters has been getting a lot of flack from rank & file members about the new media center project @ Ramapo. The question that WT is having to answer & justify is:

"Why, if we're soo close to the end, is there such a need for a new media center that has a completion date of 2026...does this mean that Armageddon is being pushed back a number of years...that the end is not as immenent as we've been preaching?"

• Listener
    Listener

The response to the concerns is no surprise, they hope that it will be used after Armageddon.

The same thing was mentioned about their Jesus video series which they are planning to do in Sydney, Australia. Work has been underway in building the set. They've been spending a lot of time trying to make it look old and making concrete look like stone but it just looks like all the fakeness that you see in places like Disneyland.

They really think that its a possibility the Jesus video series will be used in their 'new world' to teach resurrected ones about the life of Jesus on earth.

By their own teachings, even though they say that all Christians still alive after Jesus dies are in heaven, there are still thousands that could give a factual and more detail account of his life on earth from having been eyewitnesses.

I guess this 'new world' is going to continue to have movie screens. That should be enough of an excuse for JWs to go and get training in anything to do with this technology.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Family members here watched it live. It was held in the Warwick auditorium, which holds about 800-1000. The Warwick Bethel family were all in attendance. I guess they have all been vaccinated and felt safe to do so. There were some brief views of the audience in the live transmission just before and after the session, but the recording seems to have excluded these views.

• Ding
    Ding

If "worldly" people compared JWs to locusts, they would holler, "Persecution!"

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So Morris didn't have a definitive answer why they are building ramapo with the end so close?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I hear WT's older, bigger & more beautiful sister religion...LDS Mormons also had their Annual Meeting yesterday. Obviously the LDS presentation was way more upper scale featuring also their singing club the Tabernacle Choir. But clearly the LDS's staging, exhibition & delivery was considerably more upper scale. It's obvious that God is blessing & favors the older more attractive female sibling.

I dunno...it looks like to me that WT has alot of catching up to do...a lot of work to do...needs more make-up...something...maybe shed a ton of weight before she ever shines like her big sister!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit